AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
That's good to hear :)

Here's hoping that it rises from the trunk and Phoenix's into something wonderful.
Thanks Tiggs. :)

I made a classic rookie mistake on my trunked one.
That's me on so many different levels. :greenie

Story arc is fixable, writing is fixable -- but entirely wrong MC.

In order to save it, I basically need to rewrite the entire thing from a different character's POV.
On the bright side, if it reads like your work in SYW, you're on the right track.

...I just really like fires...
Fire. *chuckles diabolically* :flamethrower

Good morning guys and gals.
Morning. :hi:

it's nice to see this place lively...
Hey Christa. :hi:

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
it wasn't sarcasm

two people thought I'd posted something I shouldn't have and fussed at me and I do this so often that I actually get screamed at by my sister and sometimes chewed out by my mother and I don't use this term lightly but it triggers some serious emotions in me...like serious pain and I am CRYING right now.

Schussman

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome bar humor Tiggs! Love it

Hey Horrorchix89, I did the same thing. I got totally overwhelmed by the advice in QLH. But you have to take it with a grain of salt... I didn't, but you should ;) For me, I got really pissed off and left for awhile, but the voices were still there and I think helped me form the winning query that got me published. I wish I'd had a pub like this... of course then I would've ended up sleeping in the alley behind it nursing a bottle of Zin with lice in my hair.

tiggs

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping I'll be able to recover this weekend, but my clients like to be big PITAs, so I'll probably end up working this weekend.
Sorry to hear that. The whole 12 days in a row thing really isn't much fun, at all.

I wish I'd had a pub like this... of course then I would've ended up sleeping in the alley behind it nursing a bottle of Zin with lice in my hair.
Well, now you do have a pub like this. I hear the cellar's pretty cosy, but probably best to stay in one of the guest rooms up top. The alley and cellar get a bit busy with deliveries and dragons (not always in that order).

evening, everyone! I have proper net again!
Well, if that doesn't deserve another round of drinks, then nothing does.

* Refills everyone's glasses *

Status
Not open for further replies.