Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I had two. the one that's my avatar(and forever will be, on here) passed the Rainbow bridge a few months back, his name was Blaze. the other is my calico queen, Ladybug. my sister has one, a grey LOVE BALL named violet. my mom has a kind of fat Marmalade named Murphy after Karrin Murphy from the Dresden Files book series xD

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
we ALSO have five dogs.

melissa: mostly black lab, but has a bit of Rottweiler in her.
Tillie: fairly certain she's got a decent amount of Italian Greyhound. mutt, though.
Pudge: DEFINITE mutt, but has a bit of Pit bull.
Bastion: chihuahua
Mr Montgomery Scott(I named him <3) has some Cairn terrier, we think, but DEFINITELY has some Bouvier des Flandres in him.

dbrett

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wattpad.com
We just have the two cats. Mischief is a tabby and Minnie is a moo cow and at 14 years old isn't long for this world. Then we have a corgy/lab tripod dog named Wesley.

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
aw, rescues, right? all of our dogs and cats basically are. one of them was doomed for the pound, if we hadn't gotten him at the flea market(bastion) and most of the others we found around our house, wandering(including scotty, who was INJURED, hiding under our car)

dbrett

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wattpad.com
aw, rescues, right? all of our dogs and cats basically are. one of them was doomed for the pound, if we hadn't gotten him at the flea market(bastion) and most of the others we found around our house, wandering(including scotty, who was INJURED, hiding under our car)

That's how we found our Wesley. We live next to a highway and he'd been hit with a badly broken leg.

Glass Valkyrie

Registered
Reaction score
ntI did something that would make any cat-lover on here proud

someone on Mental Floss' facebook page posted 'a group of cats is called a Clowder' and I posted 'no,no,no. A group of cats is a Conspiracy.'

I will second (uh, third...?) this! *munches on cake* This is great, I was so starved....

LisaBean

I need a nap
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kittrose.com
Speaking of cats... My cat, a tonkinese named Frankie in honor of his blue eyes (Frank Sinatra=Old Blue Eyes, it seemed clever at the time) is on his last chance and my last nerve. If I find him EATING the fake Christmas tree, stealing the ornaments, chewing on the Christmas light cords, or climbing it one more time I'll... Well I don't know what I'll do but he won't like it.

My 3 year old however finds Frankie's antics hilarious. Especially the stealth attacks he's been launching from midway up the tree. Like this morning...

*Walking past the tree, minding my own business and not 100% awake.
*Looks at the tree. Hmm are those eyes? A half second before 10 pounds of kitty launches himself at me. AHHHH!
*My son laughs hysterically as I peel claws from my flesh, removing the cat dangling from my bare legs.

I now have a Batman band-aid, a Mickey one, and a Spongebob one decorating my left hip and leg because, "Mommy you can't do all the same!" And of course "Lincoln do, Lincoln do." So Patrick is upside down and right on top of Batman. Not sure what to make of that but my husband had some really dirty jokes...

Never a dull moment!

auntypsychotic

TWENTY-TWO A DAY
Registered
Reaction score
*trudges to the bar and pours a triple BB21*
*ginormous black dog trudges to the fireplace and throws self down on hearth*
*after reducing the triple to a single we both let out a grateful sigh*

*waves to noobs* :welcome:
*waves to oldies* :hi:

It's been a little insane ... er ... bizarre ... um ... hectic around my house.

*looks around* Well! The decrepit, scorched place looks up to date, fashionable, clean, well-lit. I really hate what you've done with it. I have an affinity to old, broken down dives.

So the subject is critters? We've got our own conspiracy with 5 cats. Also have 3 snakes and one dog. All but one snake were rescues.

dbrett

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wattpad.com
Lisa... The cats have been leaving the tree alone. However, the dog decided to eat the control box yesterday while I was out. So now we have an unlit-prelit tree. :/ Dog has never chewed on anything.... the tree isn't up for a week and he takes it down! Figures.

Got called into work today... and husband woke me up at 4am when he was leaving for work... which means its going to be a VERY long day! How about a shot or two for the road! ;)

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: it's my first time posting in this thread.

I'll take a shot of coffee. Since we're talking pets, we have two tiny fish and a dog that's shown no interest in our Christmas tree whatsoever.

LisaBean

I need a nap
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kittrose.com
I could use that IV of coffee today... Did get any this morning thanks to an epic potty training battle with Linc. I'm not sure how I'll make it through the day without coffee! :e2yawn:

I'm not a addict. I'm not. I swear!

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
LisaB - youch on the flying kitty incident!

:hi:, fellow pubbers. Don't mind me. I'll just be coughing over in my sparkly little corner, waiting for this infernal cold to end. My luck it's actually bronchitis :( *sigh* I need this like I need another plot bunny...

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Evening, Pubbers, and wishing a speedy recovery for those of you who are sick.

:hooray: it's my first time posting in this thread.

I'll take a shot of coffee. Since we're talking pets, we have two tiny fish and a dog that's shown no interest in our Christmas tree whatsoever.
Welcome to the Pub, arikdiver. (And welcome to all the other newbies I might have missed.) :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.