AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya SneakyD, I'm pretty good now that the work day is over. :D

How are things on your side of the screen?

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sheena and Sneaky. How goes it?

Hi Jed.

Ever had one those 'Huh?' weather days?

This morning it was chilly. Then it was stormy.

And as I drove home there's a point where the rain just stops and the sun glares down. :Shrug:

Rainbows everywhere! :hooray:

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sheena and Sneaky. How goes it?
'Ello Fearsome Dragon Mod

Hope you're misbehaving behaving today. :D
Hiya SneakyD, I'm pretty good now that the work day is over. :D

How are things on your side of the screen?

Not too shabby so far. Still early hear though, the day shall bring something bad I'm sure.....hopefully. :D

lfizz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leavingteaching.wordpress.com
Reading The Writing Life by Annie Dillard and am LOVING this quote:

“Out of a human population on earth of four and a half billion, perhaps twenty people can write a book in a year. Some people lift cars, too. Some people enter week-long sled-dog races, go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, fly planes through the Arc de Triomphe. Some people feel no pain in childbirth. Some people eat cars. There is no call to take human extremes as norms.”

Feels like permission to be a normal person, which I tend to need.

ALSO: is there any way to track/follow when people quote/respond to your posts? Things happen so fast in the forum, when I'm away a few days it's hard to catch everything!

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
But....but....normal is boring :( I love people with oddities, they make me grin and feel less alone in a world of normalcy. :D

You can Subscribe to any thread you'd like. Toward the top of the page, click on Thread Tools. A drop-down menu will come up, last option is to Subscribe to Thread. Click that, on the next screen I would personally choose the option of No email notification. Then anytime you want to see if there's a new posting, just click on User CP (towards top of screen, left side) and all your subscribed threads will be there. :)

ETA: I do like the quote though ;)

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
:D :D I was going to rush out.... but saw there was cake???? Maybe just a bite....

KaelynMiller

"Bones" + Wednesday Addams = Me
Registered
Reaction score
Screamin' Vikin' please. Add me to the list of people getting hammered by snowstorms. My internet connection has been mostly down all week, and given the upward slope of the driveway going out, the amount of snow on it, and more on the way, it's a good thing I wasn't planning on getting a life or something silly like that.

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
*passes Kaelyn a Screaming Viking*

Sorry to hear it. There's just too much snow everywhere these days. It's becoming ridiculous. This poor tiny town can't even keep up with it all that well so the roads over here are bad, bad, bad.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Aww Kaelyn, I'm sorry! Doesn't sound like fun, that's for sure.

No snow here, but holy buckets I just spent a half hour trying to change a document into pdf. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I did it. I think. UGGGH I'm going to be needing this place when I go to download to kindle. NOT looking forward to it!!

KaelynMiller

Registered
Reaction score
holy buckets I just spent a half hour trying to change a document into pdf. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I did it. I think.

Been there. My current tech woes revolve around learning a new (to me) web design program and rolling the dice every time I try to get online to find a tutorial to save me from whatever retarded thing I just did.

KaelynMiller

Registered
Reaction score
*passes Kaelyn a Screaming Viking*

Sorry to hear it. There's just too much snow everywhere these days. It's becoming ridiculous. This poor tiny town can't even keep up with it all that well so the roads over here are bad, bad, bad.

Thanks for the drink, Sneaks ! *chug*

And I'm still binge-catching up on the latest while my internet is up - good luck with the job app !

Status
Not open for further replies.