It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. Look at all the lint. Jack must've been here. :rolleyes

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes Sami and Chase. I got lucky. This could have been alot worse, but thankfully wasn't. Feelin' better today, so more online work!:)

On to other things...

Love the new 'do Sami! Saw the pic you posted. One word came to my mind. Seriously. No B.S. -Farrah-:Thumbs:

Um, slightly sorry about the lint folks. I would've put it over the door, but...wait for it...

We have no LINTEL!:greenie

That joke copyright-THE WORLD'S END.

Okay, I'll take it back. *sweeps lint in palm of hand*

Guess I'll go outside where it can be free. Like lint in the wind!

Can Kansas sue me for that? Hmmmm.

That concludes today's pop culture references. Please return your tray tables to their upright positions.

(If my posts are like this. Can you imagine what my actual writing must be like?:crazy:)

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
You can order all you like but you ain't gettin it

Obviously no one has introduced you to the self-serve option of the pub when the bartenders are not about.

Depends. Mine is internal, with no outward signs of injury. Except for occasional facial grimacing when I do something foolish. Like take a deep breath. Or God forbid sneeze. Thanks for asking.:)

OW!

TheOldBat

Neil! Neil! Orange peel!
Registered
Reaction score
What? Wait ...we ... we have a pub?! And its self-service? Oh ho!

*opens a bottle of Talisker and up-ends it into a pint glass* This'll do me verrry nicely, thanks. Now, where's the roasted peanuts? And what's all this lint doing here?

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And what's all this lint doing here?

Enjoy the unlocked liquor cabinet, open beer tap, hot coffee, and boiling teawater. :snoopy: Um . . . we try not to talk about the lint or from whence it came. :Shrug:

Last edited:

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pub Old Bat! Love Rik Mayall! Still trying to spot his small role in EYE OF THE NEEDLE.

The Pub is self serve unless someone's here. Everything is stocked in bulk. But sometimes you have to look for it-lots of corners. And the same goes for food too. Somewhere there's a magic order catalog for all this. Somewhere.

Oh, and it's non fattening, hangover free stuff so, ENJOY!

*Quaffs (lovely word that!) a Matilda Bay wine cooler, and munches on a Lion candy bar.*

Sorry about the lint. Just trying to keep SOME folks occupied!

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
*Walks in, disheveled and drenched in sweat. Carries an enormous glass jar under his arm.*

Hi all! Warm day out today.

*Places the huge jar next to Tiddlywinks' trapdoor. The jar is filled with a fine purple sparkly dust. The label on the latch lid reads: "Glitter from Lebanon - authentic Tyrian purple. Enjoy! -K"*

*Pours an iced coffee and leans against the bar. Takes a long sip.*

That hit the spot. :D

*Picks his arm up off the bar, and notices patches of multi-colored fuzz sticking to his sweaty skin.*

What in the.....?

*Sweeps the lint off himself.*

Man, the cleaning service must be on vacation.

*Sits at his gold plated table. Picks up the folded newspaper off the table and opens it up. Puts his feet up and takes another sip.*

TheOldBat

Neil! Neil! Orange peel!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pub Old Bat! Love Rik Mayall! Still trying to spot his small role in EYE OF THE NEEDLE.

Perhaps you should ask Vanessa Redgrave! I bet she knows how to spot him.

Oh, and it's non fattening, hangover free stuff so, ENJOY!

Hangover free? You mean my lovely bottle of smokey delicious stuff here is not what it seems? *peers at it* It can't be! Noooooooooo

Last edited:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
What? Wait ...we ... we have a pub?! And its self-service? Oh ho!

*opens a bottle of Talisker and up-ends it into a pint glass* This'll do me verrry nicely, thanks. Now, where's the roasted peanuts? And what's all this lint doing here?

:welcome:

Glad you found your favorite. :D

The Pub is self serve unless someone's here. Everything is stocked in bulk. But sometimes you have to look for it-lots of corners. And the same goes for food too. Somewhere there's a magic order catalog for all this. Somewhere.

Yes, magic orders. :D It was sooo much of a bother having the pub minion trek all the way down 33 flights of steps to the basement to bring stuff up. (Wonder where LY is lately, come to think of it?) And then Rock navigated a very heavily booby-trapped passage down to the 55th Sub-basement and installed a service elevator for the cows and booze and such. But it was still hard as dickens for me to place the pub order when I had trouble finding a supplier for some of the more unique offerings. (We couldn't have Ogre/troll battles all the time for the burnt troll sandwiches or the smoked ogre specials, ya know. Beside, Ona would have had a fit if her "special" troll had been hurt in one of the battles.) But then I chit-chatted with one of the suppliers and finagled some magic resources. :D

Hmmm. . . speaking of orders, I really should do inventory to see what we need refilled from the basements and what needs to be ordered.

*Walks in, disheveled and drenched in sweat. Carries an enormous glass jar under his arm.*

Hi all! Warm day out today.

*Places the huge jar next to Tiddlywinks' trapdoor. The jar is filled with a fine purple sparkly dust. The label on the latch lid reads: "Glitter from Lebanon - authentic Tyrian purple. Enjoy! -K"*

:Wha:

Hmmm. . . either you're trying to call a truce or you've just hatched a really dastardly plan as revenge.

Hangover free? You mean my lovely bottle of smokey delicious stuff here is not what it seems? *peers at it* It can't be! Noooooooooo

Oh no - it is definitely what it seems, it just doesn't have the usual effects while here in the pub. Now if you want a hangover, may I suggest the troll water? Dastardly stuff, believe me. Don't let the water part of the name fool you.

Thanks Sami for cleaning up.

*refills the cookie jar and tacklehugs
*makes more coffee 'cause it's one of those days
*savors coffee with plenty of Irish while double-checking inventory and calling sub-basement for refills

Last edited:

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe this thread is currently surviving on lint alone. What have I wrought?

Good day Pk! What should I call you anyhow? Thanks for your hard work keeping us all satisfied food and drink wise!

Hey, The Old Bat! I asked Vanessa, but she had no clue. But I do have an appointment with Sir Cliff Richard later on so, fingers crossed!

By the by. One thing that truly ticks me off is that you can't get THE YOUNG ONES unedited. I have the MTV original 1980's broadcasts on VHS. Same time as the BBC aired them. Cuts for language, certain gestures, and "grabbing". So the "complete" collection-the STOOPID one comes out on dvd a few years ago from the BBC, and-it's cut too. Cuts for music, and a couple un-politically correct comments. Between the two I have the full episodes, but it would be nice to have them all together! SIGH!!!!

Forget the Comedy Central ones. Someone used a weed wacker on those!

Happy Friday one and all!

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, even though lent is over for this year, let's give up lint. :greenie TGIF! Or for more secular members, IF!

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe this thread is currently surviving on lint alone. What have I wrought?

Good day Pk! What should I call you anyhow? Thanks for your hard work keeping us all satisfied food and drink wise!

Hey, The Old Bat! I asked Vanessa, but she had no clue. But I do have an appointment with Sir Cliff Richard later on so, fingers crossed!

By the by. One thing that truly ticks me off is that you can't get THE YOUNG ONES unedited. I have the MTV original 1980's broadcasts on VHS. Same time as the BBC aired them. Cuts for language, certain gestures, and "grabbing". So the "complete" collection-the STOOPID one comes out on dvd a few years ago from the BBC, and-it's cut too. Cuts for music, and a couple un-politically correct comments. Between the two I have the full episodes, but it would be nice to have them all together! SIGH!!!!

Forget the Comedy Central ones. Someone used a weed wacker on those!

Hate when they are edited. I mean even the old Sesame Streets aren't shown anymore and you can't even buy them because they are not politically correct. I think the censors will be hyperventilating over The Benny Hill Show of the 70's. What is wrong today in the world that we are so sensitive? I mean for real if you can't laugh at life it just is too serious and sad. Bet they don't like the Three Stooges, Popeye, Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, and even Speed Racer either...these poor kids today have nothing to laugh at but sponge bob....ugghhhhh.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hate when they are edited. I mean even the old Sesame Streets aren't shown anymore and you can't even buy them because they are not politically correct. I think the censors will be hyperventilating over The Benny Hill Show of the 70's. What is wrong today in the world that we are so sensitive? I mean for real if you can't laugh at life it just is too serious and sad. Bet they don't like the Three Stooges, Popeye, Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, and even Speed Racer either...these poor kids today have nothing to laugh at but sponge bob....ugghhhhh.

I agree. Political correctness has virtually paralyzed free speech. Someone somewhere claims offense at whatever and calls for universal censure of the hapless speaker.

Deaf people are no different. After success at squelching the misunderstood semantics of "deaf and dumb," many of us found fault with "hearing impaired." Others wanted "deaf" capitalized as if lower case were somehow insulting. Soon hearing people became wary of even mentioning deafness for fear of offending and found themselves labeled "audists" and "sordophobics" for ignoring the condition. Nobody wins such passive-aggressive games.:Shrug:

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
There's more I've found personally and thanks to other websites from die hard fans. All available on dvd. All cut for various reasons-

original Doctor Who
WKRP in Cinncinnati
SCTV
Seinfeld(yup, even this!)

Chase-I agree about political correctness. I still remember when real estate agents stopped using the term, "walk in closet". Because it would offend those with mobility issues. Give me a break! If I was in a wheelchair, I'd love to know that the chair could enter the closet so I could pick out my own clothes.

TGeneDavis

My cat steals my pens
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freesciencefiction.com
I still remember when real estate agents stopped using the term, "walk in closet". Because it would offend those with mobility issues.
I did not know that about walk in closets. That's another PC business decision to groan at. I think with a little effort, someone can be found to be offended at anything. I guess that's why intentionally over-the-top PC fairy tales are so fun to read.

TheOldBat

Neil! Neil! Orange peel!
Registered
Reaction score
... Glad you found your favorite. :D

Oh no - it is definitely what it seems, it just doesn't have the usual effects while here in the pub. Now if you want a hangover, may I suggest the troll water? Dastardly stuff, believe me. Don't let the water part of the name fool you.

Hang on. Let's see if I've got this right. I can imbibe as much as I like, but as long as I stay in the pub I won't regret it? Oh, frabjous day! This gets better and better. All I need now is camp bed, soap, toothbrush...

Well, let's hope he at least has a clean botty when you meet him.

I have what seems to be the originals, but the Subterranean Homesick Blues clip can only be got on YouTube... I think. Nope, I'm wrong, as usual. Apparently, if you believe the reviews it can be got from Amazon.co.uk. The Young Ones - Series 1-2 [DVD] All the bits including Subterranean. I quote: "This presentation has the full versions of the songs that were cut from previous entries (including Subterranean Homesick Blues as Neil goes to join the police) and has the full "Bigoted Bobby" sketch which was hilarious then and should never have been edited (he's talking to a white guy and he's wearing sunglasses...OK!!!)"

Can you use PAL format? Please say yes or I may cry bitter tears of despair for you.

Don't get me started on P.C and censorship. I'll never stop. I remember when they started muttering about Tom and Jerry...

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Yes I have a multi region player-the Cyberhome is "adjustable" for all regions. With a code! And about $40.00 only at Wal or Kmart!

Well, I will have to verify my dvds before answering. But, the racist policeman sketch is definatley on there. And so is SHSB. BUT, the big edit I notice is when Neal takes a bath. When Rik shuts the light off in the bathroom Neal begins to sing, "Hello darkness my old friend!". Guess they wouldn't pay S+G for Sounds of Silence!

There's also a muted word by a street TV announcer during the terrorist attack scene. Something about how MUTE is taking over since Britain stopped running the world!

Okay, I was going to watch THE BIG LEBOWSKI now, but I'm torn. YOUNG ONES perhaps?

I will check out Amazon, eBay, and other sites once again. But I refuse to buy unless I have proof it's all there. Too much wasted money!

Feel free to let me know if you find anything else out and I will do the same. YO is one of my favorite shows! Still!

Enjoy Friday folks-back later!:hat:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score

PK is fine. Others have opted for Bax, which works too. And Sir Brad coined Princess Pickax, which I have to admit is kinda cool, although the other two are shorter to type. :D

I agree. Political correctness has virtually paralyzed free speech. Someone somewhere claims offense at whatever and calls for universal censure of the hapless speaker.

I think with a little effort, someone can be found to be offended at anything. I guess that's why intentionally over-the-top PC fairy tales are so fun to read.

True, true and true. I'm all for not intentionally offending folks, but yes, some have gone seriously overboard. And honestly, just a person's mere existence is going to offend someone.

Hang on. Let's see if I've got this right. I can imbibe as much as I like, but as long as I stay in the pub I won't regret it? Oh, frabjous day! This gets better and better. All I need now is camp bed, soap, toothbrush...

Hey, Kuranes has his special table. So does Rock. Couple folks just curl up under whatever table is available.

Perhaps you'd like a permanent room set up down in the 55th? I must warn you, however, there are waivers you must sign before going down.
*unlocks the file box behind the bar
*pulls out a thick packet of papers
*verifies via document control the information pages are the current version
*starts setting them in a pile on the bar with "sign here" post-its on several pages

Can't hold the pub responsible for anything that happens down there, and there is a non-disclosure, use of the spa requires this one, and the trolls asked that we have folks sign this one. . .

It was so much easier when we only had to sign one form.

Last edited:

TheOldBat

Neil! Neil! Orange peel!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes I have a multi region player ... I will check out Amazon, eBay, and other sites once again. But I refuse to buy unless I have proof it's all there. Too much wasted money!

I hope to have some money soon, so I plan to buy it. I'll let you know what it's like. In the meantime, have you seen the 2 hour bootleg recording of outtakes and dailies from the filming of Cash and Nasty? I got it off YouTube. Fascinating stuff. It's true what they say: comedy is Serious Business!

Perhaps you'd like a permanent room set up down in the 55th? I must warn you, however, there are waivers you must sign before going down.
*unlocks the file box behind the bar
*pulls out a thick packet of papers
*verifies via document control the information pages are the current version
*starts setting them in a pile on the bar with "sign here" post-its on several pages

Can't hold the pub responsible for anything that happens down there, and there is a non-disclosure, use of the spa requires this one, and the trolls asked that we have folks sign this one. . .

It was so much easier when we only had to sign one form.

*reads documents, backs away* Um, thanks but I ... I think I'll just camp over there in the corner. *breaks into a run, finds herself outside. Drunkenness hits* Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.