AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 470 123456711265176101251 ... LastLast

Thread: Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Fearsome Dragon Mod AW Moderator jvc's Avatar

Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Welcome to our new Newbie Pub.

For those who are just joining us, this is where you can come and relax and interact with other newbies and also our regular Pubbers. It can be daunting to forage into the rest of the forums and practising posting in the Pub, and interacting with regular members here, can help ease the transition. Plus you'll make some great friends in the process (which I have done).

So, order a pint of our all time favourite drink, Baileys, and get chatting.

Or any beverage you chose. It doesn't have to be Baileys. (Any drink as long as it isn't orange juice, I really don't like orange juice. Orange juice is nasty, horrible, yucky and a lot of other words I won't use here.)

This Pub is the sequel to the second Newbie Pub, Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners, which was a sequel to the original Super-Dooper 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread.

We have added a pool table over in the corner and will now be serving some pub meals. New on the menu are Cadbury Crème Eggs. Oh, they're so nice. And not just for Easter.

So, get posting. The first drink is on the house. As are the rest

Quick Start For Newbies

This thread is large, and by all means read it all, it's a lot of fun, but you can just start at the end and simply post "Hello, can I have a drink?" It'll get you posting, and all the regulars and Golden Oldies will welcome you with open arms. Don't be afraid. Except for the monsters under your bed. But, as for the Pub, we're all friendly and would welcome the chance to welcome you and to have a chat. Just come and say hello.

Oh, and I love chocolate cake, cookies, and Baileys. So, if you bring them along, we're friends forever.
    Last edited by jvc; 07-29-2014 at 01:52 AM.
    Jed.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts - Lots of Fun Facts and Humorous History posts. Parenting: Facts And Advice On Temper Tantrums.

Behaving SuperModerator
    I'll have an orange juice, please.

Jed.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts - Lots of Fun Facts and Humorous History posts. Parenting: Facts And Advice On Temper Tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I'll have an orange juice, please.
    Cats can be trouble makers...when they're not being all cute and adorable.

*Looks around*

Nice place you've put together Jed. Very-shiny.
    I like the new sandwich bar too

I'll leave the Cadbury eggs for others and just make myself a bacon, lettuce, bacon, tomato, bacon sandwich.

Cheers!
    You can't... start to delete a word so you can change it to a different word but then keep the first letter of the old word...
    it will eventually eat the new word's soul and turn it into an evil, undead word-zombie...

--jjdebenedictis

Me on FB

practical experience, FTW
    Do we still have those bacon swizzle sticks around somewhere?

Nice place, Jed.

Love the new look Kylabelle! Is it a result of your new awesome powers as mod?
    You can't... start to delete a word so you can change it to a different word but then keep the first letter of the old word...
    it will eventually eat the new word's soul and turn it into an evil, undead word-zombie...

--jjdebenedictis

Me on FB

I'm wondering if a bacon wrapped crème egg would taste good? It might be worth a try, just to see. Must order more bacon and crème eggs. This experiment might take some time.

Oh, and apologies for not getting to restarting the pub earlier, it's been a hectic few weeks at work, and very long days. Me is tired.
    Jed.

Sunny with a Side of Evilness V.J. Allison's Avatar
    *looks around* I like it. I'll have a decaf diet cola, please, and someone else can have my share of the creme eggs.
    Music is essential to life. ~Me~

My Blog: Word Processor, Romance, Cats, Kids, and Creed

Website
    Facebook Page
    Facebook Profile
    Twitter

Books:
    Stricken
    (released March 17, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by V.J. Allison View Post
    *looks around* I like it. I'll have a decaf diet cola, please, and someone else can have my share of the creme eggs.
    Welcome to the Pub, and to the watercooler. I've never heard of decaf diet cola, but I'm sure we have it. Will you want some ice in the glass, too?

And, am I the only one who loves crème eggs?
    Jed.

Quote Originally Posted by jvc View Post
    Welcome to the Pub, and to the watercooler. I've never heard of decaf diet cola, but I'm sure we have it. Will you want some ice in the glass, too?

Thanks, and yes, I'll have some ice cubes in the drink, please. If you don't have the decaf diet cola, just a regular diet cola will do.

Website
    Facebook Page
    Facebook Profile
    Twitter

Books:
    Stricken

V.J. the Pub has *everything* -- well, except the aforementioned orange juice but even that can be made available under the right circumstances.

*cloaks this post from all dragon eyes just in case*

Finding your way around the forums okay? Just ask if you have questions, people like to answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekko View Post
    Love the new look Kylabelle! Is it a result of your new awesome powers as mod?
    No, these are my own native powers, I just never had a good picture before now.

and, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylabelle View Post
    V.J. the Pub has *everything* -- well, except the aforementioned orange juice but even that can be made available under the right circumstances.

*cloaks this post from all dragon eyes just in case*

Finding your way around the forums okay? Just ask if you have questions, people like to answer questions.
    Thanks Kylabelle, and so far so good. It took me a couple of days to remember how to use a newer version of the software here, and I'm adjusted to it now. Everyone seems nice and I'm learning so much that some times I feel like I have "information overload". This place is great!

Thanks! So far, I'm finding all of the information I need to improve my skills at this early in my newest WIP, but when I have a question about something, I'll definitely ask.

Website
    Facebook Page
    Facebook Profile
    Twitter

Books:
    Stricken

Information overload. Does it ever go away?

Anyway, glad you're enjoying yourself.

Not in a spot like this that's full of awesome stuff! Thanks.

Website
    Facebook Page
    Facebook Profile
    Twitter

Books:
    Stricken

I've never heard of decaf diet cola, but I'm sure we have it.
    On this side of the puddle you'll find any manner of combinations. I'll hook you up with a supplier for the pub - it'll just cost you a few bacon bops

*pats Jed's shoulder*

There, there dear. I'm sure there are plenty of others who love Cadbury eggs.
    I'm weird in that I'm not overly fond of creamy tasting things - and I have a tiny sweet tooth. *opens mouth and points to tiny tooth*

VJ! There is lots to see around the water cooler. I've been here a year and a half, and I haven't checked out everything yet!

*tops off VJ's caffeine free diet coke*

--jjdebenedictis

Me on FB

practical experience, FTW Sheena.Wyrd's Avatar
    Hiya Pub people!

How's 2014 treating you?

Also, I heard about the chocolate

Gimme gimme gimme...

Thread surfer and virtual bartender L. Y.'s Avatar
    *stumbles in, downs three Baileys*

Ah, much better.

*hugs bartop* I've missed you.

*glances around* Um. You too, Pubbers. Morning and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by V.J. Allison View Post
    Welcome to the Pub, V.J.

Pay no attention to what you've just seen.

They're not bad. A little sweet for me, but not bad.

Nice renovation, Jed.

*starts restocking the Baileys and bacon*
    Write. Edit. Rinse, repeat.

Edit with your head. Write with your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Y. View Post
    *stumbles in, downs three Baileys*

Ah, much better.

*hugs bartop* I've missed you.

Jed said he is going to experiment with bacon wrapped Cadbury eggs. I was hoping you'd talk some sense into him, but I see that's not to be expected after all.

Queen of Styrofoam Cups Helen St. James's Avatar
    Helen St. James isn't there, not in any perceptible way. A woman of her size - she's willing to admit she could lose a few pounds, but darn it, she likes how she looks - usually has no way of sneaking about, but one minute Helen is not there, and the next she is. She takes a seat at the bar and waves down the bartender.

"Hey there, sugar," she says. "Javameister, please and thank you. And a couple of those famous creme eggs."

Jed said he is going to experiment with bacon wrapped Cadbury eggs. I was hoping you'd talk some sense into him, but I see that's not to be expected after all.

I will definitely talk to Jed about that. I asked him for some Baileys-dipped, bacon-wrapped Cadbury eggs.

*grumbles*

Quote Originally Posted by Helen St. James View Post
    Helen St. James isn't there, not in any perceptible way.

"Hey there, sugar," she says. "Javameister, please and thank you. And a couple of those famous creme eggs."
    Hello and welcome to the Pub, Helen.

*slides over a Javameister and a bowl of regular Cadbury eggs* (Sorry, we haven't perfected the bacon-wrapped version just yet)

I will definitely talk to Jed about that. I asked him for some Baileys-dipped, bacon-wrapped Cadbury eggs.

*grumbles*

Well, heck, Lance, you could dip your own, y'know. Here, I'll show you how, soon as we get the first bacon wraps. Why don't you go ahead and set us up with a few Baileys in advance, so we'll be ready.

Howdy, Helen, that's the thing about this Pub. We appear and disappear a lot. Sounds like you have the moves down already.

Also, FYI, time gets funny in here too. So don't expect it to run like it does outside. But you've probably already noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena.Wyrd View Post
    How's 2014 treating you?
    Hiya back Sheena! 2014...well now that the new pub's open, it's treating me just fine. You?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen St. James View Post
    Welcome to the pub Helen SJ! I'm glad to see the LY's already taken care of you. You'd be hard pressed to find a better bartender in these here parts.

And that time thing Kylabelle mentioned...yeah, it can be like a time vortex sometimes.

LY!
    *Runs up and hugs him*

I've missed my pub friends

Hmm, if you try wrapping a mini-Cadbury egg in a large slice of bacon - I'd go for that!

--jjdebenedictis

Me on FB

Well, heck, Lance, you could dip your own, y'know. Here, I'll show you how, soon as we get the first bacon wraps.
    *takes notes*

Why don't you go ahead and set us up with a few Baileys in advance, so we'll be ready.
    *slides over a Baileys* And of course, I'll share one with you.

LY!
    *Runs up and hugs him*

I've missed my pub friends
    Missed you too, Nekko.

Hmm, if you try wrapping a mini-Cadbury egg in a large slice of bacon - I'd go for that!
    I'm still taking notes from Kyla. It's starting to feel like more work than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena.Wyrd View Post
    Hiya Pub people!

How's 2014 treating you?

Gimme gimme gimme...
    Hello, Sheena. 2014 has been interesting so far. How about you?

*leaves another bowl of Cadbury eggs out*

practical experience, FTW Sheena.Wyrd's Avatar

Hello, Sheena. 2014 has been interesting so far. How about you?

*leaves another bowl of Cadbury eggs out*
    Sadly, 2014 and I were off to a feuding start.

*Hoards the yummy Cadbury eggs*

It's getting better though.

Page 1 of 470 123456711265176101251 ... LastLast