AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tod Moran

Registered
Reaction score
OOOH. Cool! *sneaks behind the bar again* Pulls down the Bacardi Black bottle after appropriately bribing the guardian snootlather (you may recognize this beast as the love child of one Snuffle-up-a-Gus and an as yet unnamed aardvark. They said they were very careful, Yet two years later, out pops this delightful bribable guardian with the long nose that can suck you to it from across the bar).

*Slides the Bacardi Black and a shot glass down the bar*

So, what's new? Whatcha avoiding writing on tonight? Or Today (depending on where you are)

Avoiding finishing a story for a contest and avoiding writing a new scene for my SciFi novel. Tell myself I am working on it subconsciously. I do that a lot. Gives procrastination a new look.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Runs into pub seeing many new faces. I gasp and say to Bryan "Introduction of my characters would take most of the afternoon. But let me introduce everyone to Peter Wisdom. Pete, just don't flirt too much with ladies. I don't want you to be thrown out of the Pub for bad behavior. By the way, brawling in the pub is unacceptable and check your weapons at the door. Pete placed several weapons in the bin before he sat down saying in a New Orlean's french accent. "Bonjour and I will have a Jack straight up." His sky blue eyes twinkled when he looked over at tiddlywinks, before the not so subtle smile showing his brilliant pearl white perfect teeth along with a wink of acknowledgement.

Sighing I shook my head, "He never listens." I poured him the drink and made mine a double. Happy Monday everyone.

Last edited:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Runs into pub seeing many new faces. I gasp and say to Bryan "Introduction of my characters would take most of the afternoon. But let me introduce everyone to Peter Wisdom. Pete just don't flirt too much with ladies. I don't want you to be thrown out of the Pub for bad behavior. By the way brawling in the pub is unacceptable and check your weapons at the door. Pete placed several weapons in the bin before he sat down saying in a New Orlean's french accent. "Bonjour and I will have a Jack straight up." His sky blue eyes twinkled when he looked over at tiddlywinks giving her a flash of teeth smile and a wink.

Sighing I shook my head, "He never listens."

Of course he doesn't, at least not if he's like any of my characters.

Howdy to all the new folks!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I'm glad that my characters aren't the only ones who don't listen. It gives me new appreciation of parents with their kids, and alcohol. But mostly cup cakes, just because one can never have to much appreciation for cup cakes.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Cupcakes, hmmm? Any particular flavor that helps you feel better when your characters are not listening to you?
*slides a plate with a variety of different cupcakes down the bar

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
Cupcakes, hmmm? Any particular flavor that helps you feel better when your characters are not listening to you?
*Dives in through the front window. Tucks his head and rolls as glass tinkles around him.*

*Comes out of the roll into a full sprint toward the bar. Swings his arm upward, and sends the tray flying. The cupcakes splatter against the back wall, now decorated with multi-colored frosting.*

*Panting, out of breath.*

Bryan!...*GASP*....Good thing....*GASP*....I got here....*GASP*....in time!

*Takes a second, composes himself.*

It was a trap! Any second now, those cupcakes are gonna explode and send glitter everywhere. Look!

*Ducks behind bar and points dramatically at the ruined cupcakes. A few seconds pass, the splattered remnants of the cupcakes remain motionless.*

Aaaaaaaany second now.....

*A glob of frosting detaches from the wall and plops on the counter. Cupcakes remain where they were tossed.*

Hang on....

*Half a minute, and nothing happens. Stands up, begins to realize he just ruined a tray of regular, non-booby-trapped cupcakes.*

Oh jeez. Um, I may have miscalculated some things a tiny bit. Ooooooh boy....

*Begins to feel the odd stares from the other patrons. Shrinks back toward the broken window, the crunch of every step on the glass-strewn floor compounding the awkwardness of the situation.*

I, uh, just remembered....I forgot something at the, uh, Jello store. I gotta go.

*Gingerly steps back out through the broken window onto the sidewalk. Walks away, making pained-sounding whistling noises.*

samis

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Who is he? Anyways, I am supposed to introduce myself.

"Hmm Hmm." I clear my throat.

"Hi, I am Sami."

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

You mean there are more flavors than Chocolate?

*Dives in through the front window. Tucks his head and rolls as glass tinkles around him.*

*Comes out of the roll into a full sprint toward the bar. Swings his arm upward, and sends the tray flying. The cupcakes splatter against the back wall, now decorated with multi-colored frosting.*

*Panting, out of breath.*

Bryan!...*GASP*....Good thing....*GASP*....I got here....*GASP*....in time!

*Takes a second, composes himself.*

It was a trap! Any second now, those cupcakes are gonna explode and send glitter everywhere. Look!

*Ducks behind bar and points dramatically at the ruined cupcakes. A few seconds pass, the splattered remnants of the cupcakes remain motionless.*

Aaaaaaaany second now.....

*A glob of frosting detaches from the wall and plops on the counter. Cupcakes remain where they were tossed.*

Hang on....

*Half a minute, and nothing happens. Stands up, begins to realize he just ruined a tray of regular, non-booby-trapped cupcakes.*

Oh jeez. Um, I may have miscalculated some things a tiny bit. Ooooooh boy....

*Begins to feel the odd stares from the other patrons. Shrinks back toward the broken window, the crunch of every step on the glass-strewn floor compounding the awkwardness of the situation.*

I, uh, just remembered....I forgot something at the, uh, Jello store. I gotta go.

*Gingerly steps back out through the broken window onto the sidewalk. Walks away, making pained-sounding whistling noises.*

LOL. Well, those cupcakes *would* have been good.

*grabs a handful of cupcake remains off the floor, runs out the window and throws it after Kuranas

Wow.

I've always gone to the Jello store on horseback...

:Shrug:

I usually run through the looking glass to get to the Jello store - It's faster.

Hello, can I have a drink?

What would you like RWrites? We have pretty much anything, see watch.
*walks over to the one of the beer coolers*. Give me a diet, caffeine free Coke from the "New Coke" debacle

The cooler spits out a bottle of water.

*sigh*. Sometimes the equipment thinks it's a comedian.

Who is he? Anyways, I am supposed to introduce myself.

"Hmm Hmm." I clear my throat.

"Hi, I am Sami."

Sami! Buddy! Pal! Long time no see, It almost seems like its been forever! What's new? What have you been up to? What have your characters been doing? Getting you in trouble? IF I'm not careful, mine get me in trouble all the time.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
You mean there are more flavors than Chocolate?

Yup. Quite a few, actually, but if chocolate is what you prefer. . .

*a plate of chocolate cupcakes appears on the bar next to another plate of various other flavors

IF I'm not careful, mine get me in trouble all the time.

Mine cause me trouble all the time anyway.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. Quite a few, actually, but if chocolate is what you prefer. . .

*a plate of chocolate cupcakes appears on the bar next to another plate of various other flavors

*picks up a few cupcakes and starts doing tricks with them*

Watch as I make a cupcake disappear *munch munch* Ok that wasn't magic but it tasted good! :)

Mine cause me trouble all the time anyway.

And what kinds of things do they do? -- mine like to hide my filters, so I am as surprised at what comes out of my mouth as everyone else!

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score
*Sneaks into the pub.*

*Drops a small folded piece of paper on pk's favorite spot.*

Dear pk,

Sorry about the cupcakes. My bad.

-K

*Places an order with the downstairs trolls to fix the window and mess behind the bar.*

*Sneaks back out.*

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Sneaks into the pub.*

*Drops a small folded piece of paper on pk's favorite spot.*

*Places an order with the downstairs trolls to fix the window and mess behind the bar.*

*Sneaks back out.*

*sets up a Kuranes trap so that he can't sneak in without being noticed*

*baits it with exploding cupcakes*

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*trapdoor opens, without glitter this time...to be explained shortly*
*door catches on golden table leg*

Just...give me...a minute...to--*grunting and swearing sounds emit from the semi-darkness of the half-cracked trapdoor*

*golden table finally takes the hint and walks two paces to the left*

AH! Finally. Now, where's kuranes, as I have a bone to pick with--

Were the words "coffee" and "M&Ms" actually used together? Whose brilliance doth blind this thread?... and right after I've sworn off sugar and caffeine for the rest of my life. :cry:

*Notices the glitter... LOTS of glitter*

*slides on tail, grabs hold of the ceiling fan, and pounces on Tidd*

Tiddypop!! :hooray:

*falls through trap door in a fit of glitter and giggles*

ONA!

*leaps from darkness to tackle shineyyyyy squirrel and hug it and squeeze it and never ever ever let it get away again*
*pins tail to ceiling fan*
*leaves M&Ms for sustenance on top of the fan*

His sky blue eyes twinkled when he looked over at tiddlywinks, before the not so subtle smile showing his brilliant pearl white perfect teeth along with a wink of acknowledgement.

*eyes narrow at suspicious-looking romance hero type*
*points him in the direction of the shiny squirrel dangling from the ceiling*

*Sneaks back out.*

AHEM. Ah yes, as I was saying, I have a bone to pick with you, sir. Next time, when you tell the trolls to clean up the "mess" behind the bar, make sure to tell them not to mess with the glitter abode under the trapdoor. Do you realize they took a VACUUM CLEANER to my sparkles?

AND THEY LEFT THE DUST!!

:Soapbox:

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. :welcome: New Pubbers. I'm harmless, really.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

-ahem- I mean, Ona is going to be very cross with you.

I dunno, I'm betting that she has a strong tail :) Isn't that a compliment?

Besides, I am sweet, innocent, naive and shy conveniently abbreviated SINS! Who could possibly be cross with a face as innocent as mine... I'm pretty much sunk aren't I?

Can we place bets in the form of coffee nut M&Ms?
Ooooh! Well, unfortunately, Coffee nut M&Ms haven't made it to my neck of the woods (I know, shocking that M&Ms would not want to be here)

So, I can offer up other types of M&Ms in lieu of coffee nut -- but if I win, I want Coffee NUT!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.