Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Tiddly - this sparkles like Cray's handiwork

He has been conspicuously absent today.

And there's a chortling transformer in the cabbie this morning asking for a rodent exterminator.

*eyes all mods suspiciously*

I know they're all laughing at me, somewhere...as I keep chasing my tail and shutting it in thread doors. If it weren't so gosh darn glittery, I wouldn't have this problem, but it's sparkly.

And I have a sparkly problem. Severe problem. Of course, it wouldn't be such a problem if Ona didn't keep stealing my shoes, but I digress.

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Okay the Jurassic series. NO SPOILERS FOR ANYONE!

First film-too much awe and wonderment for me. This is Spielberg's touch which I accept even if I don't like it. I prefer his early horror work (Night Gallery, Duel, and of course the Bruce film). But...

He did make the second one. My favorite due to increased tension. Full on cast too, including the nihilist from Big Lebowski!

Third-Really good effects! My only complaint is the length. First two-two plus hours. Second-ninety minutes. Boo!

But I do like how each film ends, then picks up right where they left off in the next one. Hopefully they'll do the same with JW a.k.a. JP4

The tributes to other big monster films throughout the series-Kong, Lost World, etc. is also a hoot for us old time movie buffs.

And I agree with PK. Goldblum is my favorite too!

See Nekko, see? Ramble..............

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
He has been conspicuously absent today.

And there's a chortling transformer in the cabbie this morning asking for a rodent exterminator.

*eyes all mods suspiciously*

I know they're all laughing at me, somewhere...as I keep chasing my tail and shutting it in thread doors. If it weren't so gosh darn glittery, I wouldn't have this problem, but it's sparkly.

And I have a sparkly problem. Severe problem. Of course, it wouldn't be such a problem if Ona didn't keep stealing my shoes, but I digress.

Ona's involved?! Say no more.

Of course you have sparkly problems. She's the queen of sparkles...and many other things...

Sorry to hear about the tail-in-door problem though. If I recall she tied me to the pub ceiling fan by mine one time...

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My only complaint is the length.

I have trouble separating the films, as Kay and I watch 'em back-to-back in one long popcorn binge. We plan to do so again just before we get Jurassic World (which we'll probably label JP4, as you did).

One nuance I recall is marveling at how the two kids grow up after JP1.

Jeff Goldblum is always superb. Early in his career, he played the quintessential evil punk in Death Wish '74.

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
The girl in JP1 is also in the Tremors film series (1+3). Between the two series you can watch her grow up on screen. Kinda cool.

Hate Death Wish and its sequels. Only for content reasons. I forgot about JG in DW1. Guess who's getting a pre- Fourth Rep Point?

Nekko-Tail in fan? Ouch!

Sami don't bounce too high. That part of the ceiling is loose again!

Ms. Margo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi y'all! May I have a Southern Comfort and Coke?

I've just gotten a little more serious about my writing. I've dabbled since...oh, I don't know, third grade?...but I just uploaded my first piece of a novel onto Amazon. I feel like I'm off and running. Lurking around here helped quite a bit, especially with the self-publishing advice. So, thanks for that!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and can't wait to get drinking, er, writing!

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:, Margo. :welcome: to the pub. Most newcomers introduce themselves and their writing in a new thread, but you stop in for relaxer first. Smart. :greenie

G'night, all. Hope tomorrow's safe for everyone celebrating Independence Day. Don't let terrorists rule, but be alert. See ya.

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
Nekko-Tail in fan? Ouch!

Tied to the fan so that I swung around. Ona's fun in a busy, manic kind of way.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and can't wait to get drinking, er, writing!

Greetings and salutations Ms. Margo! Glad to see you've go your priorities straight :) I look forward to seeing you around the threads :)
:hi:
Don't let terrorists rule, but be alert. See ya.

Yup, looking for terrorists right and left and under bushes here in the middle of nowhere :flamethrower

*boredly makes myself a milkshake, since everything is clean and in order*

*considers leaving a mess*
*Decided that ladyshark deserves a day off*

*turns off the light*

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Independence Day, statesiders. Happy Saturday to the rest of the world. :greenie

I usually walk to the gym at 6:00, but it didn't open this morning 'til 8, so my sweetie :e2file:rose 'n' shone to walk there with me. I had to really workout, instead of just sitting and watching the babes in their designer Lycra as usual. :e2brows:

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
CRASH!!!!

Who the Hell turned off all the lights in here!?!?
Ooops! Sorry Jack.

I usually walk to the gym at 6:00, but it didn't open this morning 'til 8, so my sweetie :e2file:rose 'n' shone to walk there with me. I had to really workout, instead of just sitting and watching the babes in their designer Lycra as usual. :e2brows:

Our purpose in life is to keep you guys honest :badthoughts

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our purpose in life is to keep you guys honest :badthoughts

Good jobs there. I feel honest from head to foot (and sore in between for having to do real sit-ups and ab crunches).

Not to jinx it, but it looks like the terrorist alert worked. At least no news is good news this morning.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
walking into pub with a cloud over my head....:e2bummed: First day back after vacation killer bummer mood will need a double of the strongest drink to get through the day.:e2drunk: See ya around.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jill, do you mean back at home after being away? Or back at work "nine-to-five" (or similar) after time away from the job?

I had a good time in June when we vacationed by auto, ship, and auto again, but I was really glad to be back home, sweet home (be it ever so humble).

But even though I work at home, it was sure hard to get back to the daily grind. The same thing is happening again after taking off three days for Independence Day. :chores

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am out of booze.

Well, not entirely, but out of the "everyday" booze, at any rate.

And really shouldn't buy more on my current budget.

So instead I shall drink here.

:e2drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.