Status
Not open for further replies.

Neyla

Registered
Reaction score
*quietly sneaking in, half hoping to remain unnoticed*

*patiently waiting*

*sighing*

Oh, to hell wih shyness! Could I have a drink please? Too early for alcohol in this part of the world, but a tonic (sans gin) would be nice!

glennlandy

Registered
Reaction score
Having work reviewed

Hi guys, brand new to this and having a bit of an issue navigating my way around. I'm currently in the early stages of a novel and was wondering where I could share a piece to get some much appreciated feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Pubbers. :hi:

Yep. Back working nights again.

Cheers, chap :)
Ouch. I'll keep the brandy and ginger fully stocked, my friend.

*quietly sneaking in, half hoping to remain unnoticed*

*patiently waiting*

*sighing*

Oh, to hell wih shyness! Could I have a drink please? Too early for alcohol in this part of the world, but a tonic (sans gin) would be nice!
*slides over a tonic (sans gin)*

Welcome to the Pub, Neyla. :welcome:

Glad you decided to stop by. :)

Hi guys, brand new to this and having a bit of an issue navigating my way around. I'm currently in the early stages of a novel and was wondering where I could share a piece to get some much appreciated feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn
Welcome to the Pub, glennlandy. :welcome:

We have a Share Your Work section in the AW Writing Lab (password:vista), but you need 50 posts to start a thread there. I think it's a good idea to browse SYW and offer a few critiques first. It'll get you acclimated to the feedback provided there, and fellow members are happy to return the favor when you share work of your own. :)

Last edited:

Neyla

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Pubbers. :hi:

Ouch. I'll keep the brandy and ginger fully stocked, my friend.

*slides over a tonic (sans gin)*

Welcome to the Pub, Nayla. :welcome:

Glad you decided to stop by. :)

Welcome to the Pub, glennlandy. :welcome:

We have a Share Your Work section in the AW Writing Lab (password:vista), but you need 50 posts to start a thread there. I think it's a good idea to browse SYW and offer a few critiques first. It'll get you acclimated to the feedback provided there, and fellow members are happy to return the favor when you share work of your own. :)

Thanks L.Y. Much appreciated! Prefer it sans gin actually. I'll also take your advice to Glennlandy as if it were provided to me. Is it customary to offer critique before providing? No, don't say anything btw, I'll go in and have a look. Just want to finish the tonic first. But I could ask: if I have a question related to a technical matter rather than writing (as part of plotting my fantasy - or maybe sci-fi - story; it's crucial that I get that thing right; and by right I mean plausible rather than "would-work-in-reality": were would you send me? Been looking around a bit, but can't really say where to go. Could you point out the direction, please?

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks L.Y. Much appreciated!
Anytime. :)

Is it customary to offer critique before providing?
Not necessarily, but it is a give-and-take kind of thing that builds goodwill (although critiquing in itself offers a lot more than that).

Personally, I think the most important part is engaging with the community. We really want new members to become a part of the AW community.

But I could ask: if I have a question related to a technical matter rather than writing (as part of plotting my fantasy - or maybe sci-fi - story; it's crucial that I get that thing right; and by right I mean plausible rather than "would-work-in-reality": were would you send me? Been looking around a bit, but can't really say where to go. Could you point out the direction, please?
I usually point people to Basic Writing Questions or AW Roundtable, but since you were specific, I think Science Fiction/Fantasy might be a good place to start. Browse around each forum to see where your question would fit.

:)

Last edited:

Neyla

Registered
Reaction score
Anytime. :)

Not necessarily, but it is a give-and-take kind of thing that builds goodwill (although critiquing in itself offers a lot more than that).

Personally, I think the most important part is engaging with the community. We really want new members to become a part of the AW community.

I usually point people to Basic Writing Questions or AW Roundtable, but since you were specific, I think Science Fiction/Fantasy might be a good place to start. Browse around each forum to see where your question would fit.

:)

Thanks again!:)

tiggs

Registered
Reaction score
Hi pubbers, old and new :)

Keep the brandy and ginger's coming, L.Y. -- it's going to be a long week.

And definitely grab one for yourself, too!

possiblerobot

Your friendly neighborhood robot
Registered
Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting something here. Could I have some hot chocolate please?

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score

Ian_Else

Registered
Reaction score
*Walks back into the pub after having been gone for months on end*

Scotch on the rocks if you would.

Ian_Else

Registered
Reaction score
*starts sipping on his drink* Been super busy since I've last been here. I'm finally getting down to writing my story and my artwork is taking off.

Status
Not open for further replies.