• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Gandolfo Helin & Fountain Literary Management (formerly Gandolfo Helin Lit. Mgmt.)

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
I checked out the three fiction books on the agency website: 3 Gates of the Dead by Jonathan Ryan; The Tesla Gate by John Mimms; The Gateway Volt Gate N5 (just kidding)--Freak by Marie Jones.

All three books are, or will be, out with Premier Digital Publishing. This appears to be a legitimate, agent-only digital publisher with titles by previous-generation legends like Stanislaw Lem, Andre Norton, and lots of stuff by living legend Piers Anthony.

Obviously, with all fiction authors being signed with this publisher, the agency has some sort of a direct pipeline to Premier Digital Publishing. Does this relationship with an e-pub with Andre Norton titles help new authors reach their full potential -- promotion, edit, and saleswise? I clicked a few new author titles of this publisher on Amazon -- the more successful ones were around 20 000 -- 40 000 as ranking, which is pretty fine, but far from enough in corresponding sales to earn a living and go pro, if Amazon Kindle is the major sales outlet--as it appears to be with these books.

*EDIT* not so: further research showed me that the Premier Digital Publishing books I clicked are actually older Big Six titles, now reprinted digitally. So that's that. The new crop of debut writers like Jonathan Ryan and John Mimms will show how things stand for the new crop of debut writers like Jonathan Ryan and John Mimms. *EDIT*

*EDIT2* Ryan's Gate book is actually in the first 2000 Kindle ranking. Good start.*EDIT2*

Generally speaking, I'd prefer to see if not regular bestsellers with the big six, then at least some unagented-yet-proven bigger publisher in an agency's list, like Ace, Tor, DAW, and Baen, or even some regular midlist placements with say Pyr, Edge, Darkfuse, Bedlam, Journalstone, Samhain, and the e-pub arms of the big six, not just the one place that reprints certain established titles by certain established names.

On the other hand the industry is changing pretty fast. Maybe Premier Digital Publishing are The Next Big Thing, and thus Gandolfo Helin are The Next Big Thing as well... I remember when Entangled sort of became The Next Big Thing about a year and a half ago, all of the sudden, with book after book on the NYT list...

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is now Gandolfo Helin & Fountain (same URL).

Jan B

Registered
Reaction score
I recently received a full request from Renee C. Fountain. I queried her after seeing she was on the list of agents attending PitchFest 2015. I have noticed, however, that she is not listed on QueryTracker or AgentQuery.

Does every agent at PitchFest have to be legit? It seems strange she wouldn't be listed in these agent databases. The agency she belongs to isn't listed either.

PitchFest link: http://thrillerfest.com/pitchfest/participating-agents/
Agency link: http://www.ghliterary.com/renee-c-fountain/

Thanks in advance.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
If she's a new agent, she might not be listed on QueryTracker or AgentQuery. I'm not sure how the latter works, but for QT agents/agencies/etc. are usually requested to be added by the users, so it may take a while for a new agent to get listed.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Does every agent at PitchFest have to be legit?
Never assume that just because an agent is listed in a reliable resource, or attending a conference or event, that they're reputable--some resources and conferences don't have a very robust vetting system, and even where they do, bad apples can slip through.

(Caveat: this is a general comment--I don't know how PitchFest vets participating agents, and I don't know anything negative [or positive] about Renee Fountain.)

- Victoria

stumblebum

nope
Registered
Reaction score
I recently received a full request from Ms. Fountain. I'll post my experiences here as they unfold.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Psst! You're replying to a post from 2015. We call it necroing the post or thread, since you're bringing it back from the dead. Seven years later, it's safe to assume the user chose not to share what happened.)

You're not in trouble for a single slip like this, but you really need to review the materials that came with your membership. Introduce yourself at the New Members thread for starters.

Maryn, who was new once

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
You can also check the post history of the person you want to reply to by clicking their username, then the username in the popup, then Postings. Unfortunately the user you'd like an answer from hasn't posted since 2017, so I doubt anyone will get any closure on that front.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just to note: BR&BC threads are generally exempt from "no necroing." It keeps the conversation in one place and, while any given person might not be around to respond, a thread's reappearance frequently elicits new info from old and new members alike.

Reactions: byarvin and Fiender