• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Lit Mystery/Romance - Beta needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I could really use a beta for my manuscript, which I've revised so much that the words don't even look like English anymore. No line edits needed, just some general thoughts on plot, character, etc. If you get bored two chapters in, you can stop. Total word count is 70K. Here is the one-liner:

A young woman who experiences a fugue state struggles against her past, a forgotten love story, and a federal investigation gone bad to unravel the mystery of what happened to her.

I would be happy to swap, depending on your genre. Please PM me (or post) if you're interested.

Thank you!

Nimyth

Registered
Reaction score
I was with you until

Hi everyone,

and a federal investigation gone bad to unravel the mystery of what happened to her.

Thank you!

I don't have much of an affinity for thriller/suspense/mysteries :( They very rarely hold my attention for long.
I have a romance/fantasy. My first three chapters need some serious third person insight - as to me they feel to much like an info-dump. So I am willing to trade the first three chapters, I just want to be very upfront that the mystery/thriller genre is not one I read much so my input may not be very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.