• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Anaiah Press

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I just got asked to submit to these guys thanks to #PitMad on twitter and they are so new they're squeaky. http://www.anaiahpress.com/

Help please?

I'm weary because they are so new.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Another day, another startup press.

I checked out the "About Us" page. None of the staff seem to have worked in publishing, though a couple of editors are published through small presses. Most of their experience is, IMO, not relevant.

Nothing to recommend them. I would wait a couple of years and see if they've got anything to show. Otherwise, avoid.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Another day, another startup press.

I checked out the "About Us" page. None of the staff seem to have worked in publishing, though a couple of editors are published through small presses. Most of their experience is, IMO, not relevant.

A poster left me a rep point to say that my post wasn't accurate because she was "Managing Editor at Entranced Publishing for almost 2 years before Anaiah". The thread for Entranced Publishing is here.

However, there is no mention of Entranced in the staff bios for Anaiah Press. I would suggest adding this. It's more important to know where the staff have worked, or how many years of editing experience they have, than it is to know how many children or grandchildren a staff member has.

Again, if they have anything to show after a couple of years, re-evaluate. Otherwise, avoid.

Last edited:

FabricatedParadise

Can be bribed with circus peanuts
Registered
Reaction score
A poster left me a rep point to say that my post wasn't accurate because she was "Managing Editor at Entranced Publishing for almost 2 years before Anaiah". The thread for Entranced Publishing is here.

However, there is no mention of Entranced in the staff bios for Anaiah Press. I would suggest adding this. It's more important to know where the staff have worked, or how many years of editing experience they have, than it is to know how many children or grandchildren a staff member has.

Again, if they have anything to show after a couple of years, re-evaluate. Otherwise, avoid.

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this into account and re-evaluate our staff bios.

Best,
Eden

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
I there anything new to say on this Press? I got a fav from an editor during Pit2Pub (and only just now realized it was a fav not a retweet lol). Their books/authors section seems just as new/the same as last time. Has anyone else heard from them before for a fav or queried?

edit: the editor who favved me isn't on their staff list. That's a little discouraging :/

Last edited:

SaraC

Registered
Reaction score
Three years have passed. They still exist. I just got a like from one of their editors in #FaithPitch.
Unsure whether to submit or not.
The critters are still tearing my query to shreds in Query Letter Hell, so I guess I can wait.
What do you guys think?

The editor who requested I query is a PitchWars mentor. Does that lend any credibility?

Last edited: