The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Anaiah Press

Anaiah Press

I just got asked to submit to these guys thanks to #PitMad on twitter and they are so new they're squeaky. http://www.anaiahpress.com/

Help please?

I'm weary because they are so new.

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Another day, another startup press.

I checked out the "About Us" page. None of the staff seem to have worked in publishing, though a couple of editors are published through small presses. Most of their experience is, IMO, not relevant.

Nothing to recommend them. I would wait a couple of years and see if they've got anything to show. Otherwise, avoid.
    Ghost : Christmas Past. With beta!
    Spirit : Christmas Present. 13,038 words.

Thank you.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    Royalties on net.
    Emily Veinglory

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Swords View Post
    Another day, another startup press.

I checked out the "About Us" page. None of the staff seem to have worked in publishing, though a couple of editors are published through small presses. Most of their experience is, IMO, not relevant.
    A poster left me a rep point to say that my post wasn't accurate because she was "Managing Editor at Entranced Publishing for almost 2 years before Anaiah". The thread for Entranced Publishing is here.

However, there is no mention of Entranced in the staff bios for Anaiah Press. I would suggest adding this. It's more important to know where the staff have worked, or how many years of editing experience they have, than it is to know how many children or grandchildren a staff member has.

Again, if they have anything to show after a couple of years, re-evaluate. Otherwise, avoid.
    Last edited by Marian Perera; 01-11-2014 at 03:35 AM.
    Ghost : Christmas Past. With beta!
    Spirit : Christmas Present. 13,038 words.

Can be bribed with circus peanuts FabricatedParadise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Swords View Post
    A poster left me a rep point to say that my post wasn't accurate because she was "Managing Editor at Entranced Publishing for almost 2 years before Anaiah". The thread for Entranced Publishing is here.

However, there is no mention of Entranced in the staff bios for Anaiah Press. I would suggest adding this. It's more important to know where the staff have worked, or how many years of editing experience they have, than it is to know how many children or grandchildren a staff member has.

Again, if they have anything to show after a couple of years, re-evaluate. Otherwise, avoid.
    Thank you for your feedback. I will take this into account and re-evaluate our staff bios.

Best,
    Eden

I there anything new to say on this Press? I got a fav from an editor during Pit2Pub (and only just now realized it was a fav not a retweet lol). Their books/authors section seems just as new/the same as last time. Has anyone else heard from them before for a fav or queried?

edit: the editor who favved me isn't on their staff list. That's a little discouraging :/
    Last edited by Channy; 07-24-2015 at 01:16 AM.
    A New Breed is Awakening~

Hybrids - Round 2 Revisions; after three brave beta-readers, our young heroine must battle the red-pocked manuscript and re-write a new beginning