JanNoWriMo 2014!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I still have almost four hours left in 2013, actually. I just wanted to beat Cliff Face to the punch. :tongue

Hey, everyone! It's a shiny new month to start off a shiny new year! What do you want to do in January? Do you want to write 50k? How about 500k? Or maybe just 5k? Do you just want to make it through Uni without dying this month? Or do you want to knit 30 sweaters for your cats? All goals are welcome!

Let's start the year off with a bang! :)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any goals yet... perhaps trying to not blow through my data limit for the Internet halfway through the month like I did in December.

More goals to follow, maybe, but don't quote me on that.

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
We're 37 minutes into the new year here, so I can officially say HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3 Let's start off this new year right.

Goals to come in the morning when I'm not so exhausted. ;)

Pushingfordream- 20 K seems perfectly doable! You CAN do this. I'm also probably going to try and do one short story this month as well, because I've been meaning to try my hand at those for quite some time.

Last edited:

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
We're 37 minutes into the new year here, so I can officially say HAPPY NEW YEAR! <3 Let's start off this new year right.

Goals to come in the morning when I'm not so exhausted. ;)

Pushingfordream- 20 K seems perfectly doable! You CAN do this. I'm also probably going to try and do one short story this month as well, because I've been meaning to try my hand at those for quite some time.

What are your goals?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
(And start the year off with a bang I did... It took me only 22 minutes to fall down the stairs for the first time this year...)

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes, all that non-alcoholic sparkling apple-grape cider is destroying my brain cells and causing me to fall down too much. :tongue

I'm all right. Thankfully we don't have TOO many stairs in the house... It was more of a faceplant than sliding down the stairs... I've done worse. Like two nights ago... I couldn't shut my bedroom door because the cat was in my room, so once he left I got out of bed to shut the door... Somehow I manage to smack the door into my eyebrow piercing. Ouch. The worst part is I don't even know HOW I did it... The door PUSHES shut... >.>

~Amber~

JadeKnight

(And start the year off with a bang I did... It took me only 22 minutes to fall down the stairs for the first time this year...)

~Amber~

I fall down the steps a lot it seems. Always a sliding down, like I'm skiing, lol. I did it last month and nearly scared my parents and brother.

Oh yes, all that non-alcoholic sparkling apple-grape cider is destroying my brain cells and causing me to fall down too much. :tongue

I'm all right. Thankfully we don't have TOO many stairs in the house... It was more of a faceplant than sliding down the stairs... I've done worse. Like two nights ago... I couldn't shut my bedroom door because the cat was in my room, so once he left I got out of bed to shut the door... Somehow I manage to smack the door into my eyebrow piercing. Ouch. The worst part is I don't even know HOW I did it... The door PUSHES shut... >.>

~Amber~

Weird stuff like that happens to me too.

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
January goal:

Finish my first draft.

I have no clue how many words that will entail since I'm not sure where the story's going to end now. Turns out I wrote a hell of a lot more than expected. Who'da thunk? I have an idea where it will end, but time will tell. Could be another 30K, could be 50K. Either way, I want it DONE in January.

Then I can think about picking it apart. Oh, the joy.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, Vamp!

I'd like to finish the first draft of my NaNo novel in January, but with my schedule this month that's probably not going to happen. I'm guessing I have another 20,000 words to go.

I'm setting myself a modest goal of 2k words a week - whether it's on the NaNo novel or my other WIP. Prior to participating in NaNo this year, I'd never set myself a word count goal of any kind, so I'm going to see if this works for me or not. I'll keep you posted.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Happy 2014!

I came on to procrastinate after an hour of New Year writing and this thread is just what I need.

I have about 16 scenes left in my nano (sort of - I have 16 plot things that need to happen, most would make a single scene), so my goal is to finish those. If it were nano, it might take two weeks to get that done, but in a non-November month, I'll be lucky to get them done in Jan.

Oh well, Happy New Year! Write well!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Goals for the month of January:

*Sort out my budget, like I didn't do last month, so my finances don't turn out like last month's...
*Finish my study abroad applications
*Finish my 2-3 important scholarship applications and apply to at least 2-3 less important ones (and check to make sure I didn't miss any other important ones...)
*Stay on top of school work
*Read at least 3 books for fun
*Write at least 5k that isn't school-related
*Play video games

Busy, busy, busy... :tongue

~Amber~

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I'll try to write about 50k this month, because I'm absolutely insane. In the middle of studying for uni finals, editing a chapter book (for which I have a deadline on Jan 21st) and editing another novel, which I want to start querying asap, I'll probably go crazy.

Happy New Year everyone!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
BD, I think we're in the same boat. :)

On my end, I've made a shortlist of things I *could* do in the next 2 months. Now I just need to decide what is most important to me right *now*, so's I can decide what my goals are. :)

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Hot damn! It's finally 2014! :partyguy:

My goals for the month are this:

1.) Do another round of edits on novella

2.) Find beta reader for novella

3.) Start rewrites on Nano 2013 novel

4.) Finish a short story

5.) Have fun :D

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I decided to change the POVs in my WIP. Incoming yet another complete rewrite. I don't think that I'll get the entire thing rewritten this month, but I'm aiming for 25k. I'm at 5k right now.