The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Hekate Press

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping Oldbrasscat's Avatar
    In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies...

Hekate Press

Look brand new, so I thought I'd start a thread for them. Not much information on the site, and they're looking for a lot of staff. http://hekatepress.com/index.html

We accept:

- Romance - All Genres
    - Erotic Romance
    - Horror
    - Urban Fantasy
    - Fantasy
    - Science Fiction

We do not accept

- Young Adult, Children or New Adult novels at this time.
    - Rape fantasies
    - Bestiality
    - Incest
    - Any book containing graphic representation of a minor (under 18) involved in a sexual encounter or abusive situation. If your adult character was sexually or physically abused prior to the beginning of the book - please leave the graphic descriptions off page.

They also ask you to provide a marketing plan if your manuscript is accepted.
    The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel. -- Steve Furtick
    Above all, don't fear difficult moments. The best comes from them. -- Rita Levi-Montalcini

The Blunt Instrument: Dang it! Now I'm blogging too?

A Gentleman of a refined age... thothguard51's Avatar
    Give them a year...
    Knowledge is learned while wisdom is earned.

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
    Book 1, A Game of Pawns
    Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
    Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
    Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
    Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony

They've been posting calls for submissions over on Love Romances Cafe for a few months. Too new and too broad-spectrum for me to take a chance on right now. Another vote for give 'em a year, then see how they're doing.

I find this quote of interest from their site: "If your book is contracted you will be asked to submit a marketing plan for our Marketing department to look over. Our purpose is to help you find ways of marketing your book that you haven't thought of and assist you in learning how to setup Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, scheduling events or preparing for a convention."

They don't list a specific marketing dept. on their site, but they are looking for a Review Coordinator.

So, essentially, the stuff a self-published author would be doing anyway. I'm going to look into this to see if anyone listed there has a broader skill base or industry contacts. It sounds like they mean well, but I've seen that before...

ETA: after skimming Facebook and a few other sites, I'm invoking Filigree's Rule hard and fast on this one, at least for me. Too many tells that fit my private 'approach with caution' list, which may be advantages for someone else. Each to their own.
    Last edited by Filigree; 12-28-2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: added info.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    As of Aug '14 (from cache):

Hekate Press is now closed as a traditional publishing house due to lack of submissions.

While it was a great dream, sometimes dreams just don't come true.

Hekate Press will reopen as a private publishing label for Delilah K. Stephans and Antonia Tiranth in approximately 3 months.
    No sign that it did so.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: