The Bragatorium

JonMoeller

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jonathanmoeller.com
Truly, what is life without dancing bananas?

I'd like to boast, in a disgustingly self-promotional way, that I've got TWO stories out this month.

The first, "The Pawnbroker's Machine", a steampunk piece at Afterburn SF:

http://afterburnsf.com/pawnbroker.htm

And "Coming Soon To A Location Near You", a science fiction/horror story about big-box retail:

http://www.alienskinmag.com/fich1.htm

-JM

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two stories out in one month IS thoroughly disgusting. I'm glad you realise it. What about leaving space for the rest of us? Never mind, we're a tolerant lot around here. Welcome, hi, congrats and all that -- but if next month you have THREE stories:e2sling:

Seriously, it's an awesome achievement. :banana:

And, quietly presenting my own little achievement, the Lorelei Signal has just accepted one of my stories for publication in July. Yay!

Jenny

RTH

Call me Ishmael
Registered
Reaction score
I have a brag, but I'm new here so I'll wait 'till I've settled in to be braggy about it...:)

RTH

Call me Ishmael
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, since at least one person has asked: My new novel is getting taken up by a press! I've been trying to sell 3 of 'em for seven years now, and this is the first one to get a "yes!" :hooray:

Lots of revisions to do, but I sure don't mind that (as painful as it might be).

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Look away for a few days, and everything gets more awesome in this thread.

Congrats everyone! Bring on the corny dancing bananas!

:banana: :e2woo: :banana:

I had announced this elsewhere, but didn't bring it into this thread because everything was still being negotiated and worked out.

I just formally accepted the offer from Wizards of the Coast as part of their new speculative fiction imprint.

LAST DRAGON will be available under "New Hardbacks" in your bookstore in 2008.

Marketing people say they want the book staring back at you as you walk into the store, too, so I hope you get to see it right up front as well.

peer54

i rite gud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Article in Dragon Magazine

badducky said:
I just formally accepted the offer from Wizards of the Coast as part of their new speculative fiction imprint.

LAST DRAGON will be available under "New Hardbacks" in your bookstore in 2008.

Congrats! I followed your comments about it in the Wizards thread but it's nice to have a name for the book so I can keep an eye out for it. :hooray:

On that happy note, the article I co-wrote with my hubby is going to be appearing in the July issue of Dragon magazine. It's called 'Serpent of the Sea' (at least, it was last time I checked).

Tracey

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Though this particular short story is not sci-fi/fantasy, it does have subtle supernatural elements, and the short story thread doesn't have a bragatorium.

Watch for "Everyone Gets Saved In the End" in the e-zine The Truth Magazine at http://www.thetruthmagazine.com/ to be posted in June.

I've read a few issues of this on-line, and I think they have some good pieces posted, incidentally.

Jenny

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Badducky, Tracey, Variant Frequencies and RTH!

:partyguy:

And I just sold a story to Beyond Centauri :Sun: What a gorgeous day!

Jenny

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Just one last brag since my earlier post was eaten in the great crash.

My Star Trek e-book Starfleet Corps of Engineers #63 "Echoes of Coventry was released on 28 May 2006.

It's available on SimonSays.com, Amazon.com, eReader.com, ebooks.palm.com, Mobipocket.com and other fine purveyors of e-reading material. It should be released as a dead-tree book in late 2008/early 2009.

Also in the for what it's worth category. Echoes of Coventry has been as high as the #5 best selling e-book for eReader and the #7 best selling e-book on Amazon. (I realize that means maybe two people bought it at the right time, but darn, doesn't that sound impressive? ;) )

james1611

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamessomers.blogspot.com
great thread!

Well I'll join the brag-party...

My first novel, The Chronicles of Soone is set to be released through Breakneck Books, Fall 2006. The Cover has just been completed and as a stickler on the cover, I'm very pleased with the results.
The book is currently running the gauntlet with two different editors, shaping up for the release.

I also recieved good news about one of my short stories--The Meeting will be published in The Writers Post Journal, through LBF Books, in the August 2006 edition about to come out.

This is fun--it may not make me rich, but it's still satisfying!!

--James :hooray:

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
james1611 said:
My first novel, The Chronicles of Soone is set to be released through Breakneck Books, Fall 2006.

I also recieved good news about one of my short stories--The Meeting will be published in The Writers Post Journal, through LBF Books, in the August 2006 edition about to come out.
Congratulations on both achievements. Remember to post about them again once they come out in the AW Library.

james1611

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamessomers.blogspot.com
Absolute-ly

Richard White said:
Congratulations on both achievements. Remember to post about them again once they come out in the AW Library.

I certainly will Richard. I've just taken my first stroll through the library here at A.W. and I think it's a wonderful idea.
It's just one more reason why I can't stay away from this forum. There's just so much to see and do!

--James

Jenny

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Richard on the new ebook and on twice making the top ten! And to James on having a short story and novel accepted and almost out! I love hearing good news.

:banana:

And my short story, Where's the Bug Spray (about 1,000 words) has just been published by The Lorelei Signal The brag bit comes in because this is the first time I remember a story of mine being illustrated! Life's good:Sun:

Jenny

Variant Frequencies

Podcaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.variantfrequencies.com
The Variant Frequencies podcast is a finalist for a Parsec Award!

Hosted by Farpoint Media and honoring excellence in science fiction and fantasy podcasting, the first Parsec Awards will be given this September at DragonCon, held in Atlanta, Georgia.

In the category of best short fiction, we were nominated for Absolution Insured written by Matt Wallace. It was selected as a finalist.

We're excited!

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
I'm happy to announce I made the top 50 bestselling authors at Fantastic Planet bookstore. They just published their top 50 by total sales for July-2005 to July-2006, and I came in at equal 35 with CS Lewis.

Looking down the list, I'm surprised to see my books outselling a number of big names including Jasper Fforde, William Gibson, Iain M. Banks, Connie Willis, Stephen Donaldson and Robert A. Heinlein.

To explain: Fantastic Planet is situated in Western Australia, so it's only natural they'd sell more books by local authors. I'm still impressed they did so well with mine, though. I've only been in the shop once, so it's not like I've been hassling their customers ;-)

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
That's terrific, spacejock! Way to go.:hooray:

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Wow, ok, lots of more impressive brags than mine here, but let me put in my itty bitty one.

Which is...
First sale!
:snoopy:

My very-short story The Doctrine of the Arbitrariness of the Sign has been accepted by www.gudmagazine.com

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Oh, there's this thread... :)

Anyway, my short story "Better Safe Than Sorry" should be available through Mundania Press some time soon.