The Bragatorium

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
triceretops said:
Just sold a short story to the new e-zine Staticmovement, run by an ex-AWer, Chris Bartholomew. It's called Future School.

Also just got an email and phone call from an agent who wants to see the hardcopy full manuscript of Planet Janitor. This request came from a query only!

Am I dreaming? Nice shots to the ego when I needed it most.

Tri
Congrats on the sale--and on with the agent! Fingers crossed for you.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
DaveKuzminski said:
I am pleased to announce the publication of Guardians of Riverswams from Double Dragon Publishing. This is the second book in what is the An Age of Heroes series.
EXCELLENT NEWS! Congratulations, Dave!

How many books are you planning in the series?

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
dragonjax said:
EXCELLENT NEWS! Congratulations, Dave!

How many books are you planning in the series?

Planning? ;)

I've already delivered 16, though most still have to go through editing. As to how many more, I don't know. I have 5 others in the polishing stage but not under contract yet. Right now, I'm trying to figure out a way to end it so it doesn't become The Neverending Series. Then I can move on to something else.

Glad to hear about your sale. Now if those other two you have to write start misbehaving, I'm sure I can lend you a couple. Just change the names of the characters and the places. Who knows? That might actually work. ;)

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
DaveKuzminski said:
Planning? ;)

I've already delivered 16, though most still have to go through editing. As to how many more, I don't know. I have 5 others in the polishing stage but not under contract yet. Right now, I'm trying to figure out a way to end it so it doesn't become The Neverending Series. Then I can move on to something else.

Glad to hear about your sale. Now if those other two you have to write start misbehaving, I'm sure I can lend you a couple. Just change the names of the characters and the places. Who knows? That might actually work. ;)
::blinks::
Sixteen?

Holy cow...

Sir, I bow at your virtual feet.

(And thanks for the offer. If I can't knock some sense into my characters, I may need a few squatters... ;-) )

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
azbikergirl said:
My turn!

My novel, The Kinshield Legacy, was published today by ArcheBooks Publishing Co.
(www.archebooks.com) For the next week or two, it'll be featured on the front page of the publisher's web site.

WOOT!!
WOOT!!! Awesome news!!! Major happy dance! :)

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
azbikergirl said:
My turn!

My novel, The Kinshield Legacy, was published today by ArcheBooks Publishing Co.
(www.archebooks.com) For the next week or two, it'll be featured on the front page of the publisher's web site.

WOOT!!

Congrats!!! :) Way to go!

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
My short story, "The Temptress", is available for your pleasure at Wild Child Publishing. Our very own DragonJax had a hand in this, my second, publication with Wild Child. Thanks for helping me to get the ball rolling, Wild Child and Jax!

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
WVWriterGirl said:
My short story, "The Temptress", is available for your pleasure at Wild Child Publishing. Our very own DragonJax had a hand in this, my second, publication with Wild Child. Thanks for helping me to get the ball rolling, Wild Child and Jax!
You're welcome, WVWG! I'm always looking for fantasy that has a surprise. I loved "The Temptress," and it was a pleasure working with you.
smile.gif

Jewel101

Registered
Reaction score
DaveKuzminski said:
Planning? ;)

damn! it's the new piers anthony over here

azbikergirl

I really do look like this.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fantasyauthor.blogspot.com
WVWriterGirl said:
Way to go!! Congrats!

Jewel101 said:
damn! it's the new piers anthony over here
Speaking of whom, Piers Anthony gave me a cover blurb on Christmas Eve!
:banana:

monkeygirl0684

I don't really know if it counts as a "brag" and I REALLY hate boasting. But I just had a short story accepted by aphelion webzine. And I feel pretty good about it!

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
monkeygirl0684 said:
I don't really know if it counts as a "brag" and I REALLY hate boasting. But I just had a short story accepted by aphelion webzine. And I feel pretty good about it!
And you should. Congratulations.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
One of my publishers has a special list that shows the ranks of their books by sales for only author access, though there are no numbers of actual sales which could embarrass anyone. You have to wait for your royalty report to know how many sales any of your books had. You know by those numbers that the books ahead of you had more sales and the ones below had fewer. I just saw where some of my books were ranked and I felt good because I knew that certain books of mine were going to do well in the market.

THEY DID! :)

Captain_Campion

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I finally get to post something in this thread.

Just sold a short horror story (4,000 words) to Mt. Zion Press and my full-length SciFi manuscript has made it out of the slush pile, past the first round editors and is on its way to Jim Baen's desk for consideration (Baen Books). Still a long shot, but at least it's a shot!

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Fantastic Capt.!

Glad to hear about the short and making it one step further with the book. Just getting an editor's attention is like trying to pry an alcoholic away from a bottle of gin with bubble gum. They'll most likely turn their nose up at it.

Pike

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on both accounts, Captain!
:Hug2: <---this is as close as I could find to a "get-next-to-those-who-get-lucky-in-hopes-some-of-that-luck-rubs-off" emoticon.

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've just had a short story published with Dragons, Knights and Angels http://www.dkamagazine.com/item.php?sub_id=55 (Warning: Quite a lot of tell rather than show, so if this is a pet hate don't even be tempted to read the story).

Jenny,
Very happy to be in print

PS Congrats Captain, and here's hoping both your and Triceratop's editors are readers of impeccable taste! (does that sound cannibalistic? well, you know what I mean - good luck)

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
YAHOO! Jenny, Way to go!