Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 75 1234567112651 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bragatorium

Arrow The Bragatorium

Hey now!

I noticed that the horror forum around these parts has a 'local brags' sticky thread wherein the members can point out where their work is going to appear.

And I noticed that I don't see one of those over here in the "spec fic" zone!

Why not?

I mean, people could mention that they have a story currently apprearing RIGHT NOW at Wild Child in their fiction section. They could say it's a beautiful, moving speculative fiction piece titled 'Soldimehndi'.

I mean, I think <most> of the people around here are good enough to go read their stuff when it comes out. So why no sticky thread for that purpose? I mean, really, some people might just want to rush right over to Wild Child in order to read some great fiction, or maybe some other place.

I mean, *I'M* going to go righ to Wild Child and check out the fiction links to see if there's anything good there to read. I'm sure I'll be able to find *something* great!

*cough cough* soldimehndi *cough cough*

But hey, if the moderators don't allow that kind of thread over here, what can we do?

A bloody coup is what! Seize the power!

Rabe...
    ...off to take his meds now...
    Last edited by Rabe; 10-13-2005 at 09:19 AM.

'Twas but a dream of thee El Jefe MacAllister's Avatar
    Such a hypothetical writer would also be quite welcome to post his upcoming story in the Horror forum local-brag thread, too...since there IS a lot of crossover.

Around and About SuperModerator Birol's Avatar
    Where I hang my hat... when I can find my hat.
    That's a good story. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar

Well, it appears there's a "local brags" thread now, and it's off to such a good (hypothetical) start!

(Edit: RATS! After four perfectly good-looking links, would you believe the Wild Child site is down?)
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!

practical experience, FTW
    Congrats, Rabe.

Not only is your story published at Wild Child in their fiction section, you are the very first poster in the newly stuck brag thread.

Hope you don't mind my taking liberties with the title thereof.
    ~ Vita Brevis, Ars Longa ~

I write stuff and break boards. dragonjax's Avatar
    Rabe, you rule. And, *cough, cough* I'm sure you had a terrific editor, one who saw how fabulous your story was. Hypothetically, of course...

Jenna: You must have checked out Wild Child when Marci was putting up new content. The site is back, and better than before...

Okay, then. Another brag.

My dark fantasy, "Hunger," appears in the current issue of Byzarium.
    "Undying Love," a short story by Jackie Kessler in FANTASY FOR GOOD - a charity anthology to help fight colon cancer

Well...

Okay. I have a story coming out soon from Black Gate. It should be in issue 10, probably next summer.

This is my third sale to them. The first was in issue 2 and the second in issue 3. In fact, my first ever sale is still on the site as part of that issue's promotion (warning: it's a long story--about 10K words--and contains adult content. It's also green text on a black bg. Yeesh.)

Anyway, it's a good magazine, despite the fact that they've stuck me in the table of contents.
    Look for CHILD OF FIRE from Del Rey! Read a sample chapter. Hey! it's been named to Publishers Weekly's Best Books of 2009 list!

Book 2 in the Twenty Palaces series: GAME OF CAGES. or check out these sample chapters.

practical experience, FTW
    Way to go, dragonjax and Hconn.

Where's the table with the signed copies?
    ~ Vita Brevis, Ars Longa ~

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjax
    Rabe, you rule. And, *cough, cough* I'm sure you had a terrific editor, one who saw how fabulous your story was. Hypothetically, of course...

Jenna: You must have checked out Wild Child when Marci was putting up new content. The site is back, and better than before...

Okay, then. Another brag.

My dark fantasy, "Hunger," appears in the current issue of Byzarium.
    Well Dragon,

Aside from being an absolute terror with a 'suggested' revision (which was only 'suggested' in the same way that a mugger 'suggests' you have a choice whether or not to give them your personal valuables, ) she was a fantastic sweetheart.

I just *love* editors that see class, talent and a great story with such immediacy! I believe the world needs MORE editors such as this!

Congrats to you and HCONN on your 'brags' as well!

McAllister, I 'hypothetically' thank you! And I almost posted this in the "horror" forum but didn't feel the story was sufficiently 'horror' enough to go over there. I'm hoping to be able to 'brag' over there someday as well!

Pthom, you can take as many liberties as you wish, as long as it doesn't involve the 'veto' or the 'delete' functions!

Everyone else! BRAG AWAY! It's gonna be some long, dark nights soon and we all want good stuff to read!

Rabe...

Represent.
    Congrats, Rabe, dragonjax, and HConn!

OK, I'll brag here too.

Earlier this year, my story "The Ice Miners" was published by Continuum Science Fiction Online. http://www.continuumsciencefiction.com/story.htm

This month, my story "An Invitation to the Castle" is the cover story in the first issue of Walking Bones Magazine. http://www.walkingbones.com/

Stories accepted but not yet published:

"The Detective Between Cases," Walking Bones, scheduled for Nov. 2005
    "Mulholland's Enchanted Grove," The Fortean Bureau, scheduled for Dec. 2005
    "The Milagroso Trail," Realms of Fantasy, haven't heard what issue it will appear in yet

practical experience, FTW spacejock2's Avatar
    Not so much a brag, but a couple of years ago I had four short stories published in print mags (three in Andromeda Spaceways, one in Potato Monkey).

Now that a decent amount of time has passed I've put all four on my website as PDF files

Cheers
    Simon

Hal Spacejock 5 out this month!

Preditors & Editors Requiescat In Pace DaveKuzminski's Avatar
    Okay, I'm proud to announce the publication of my newest ebook novel, Protector of Seaswams from Double Dragon Publishing.
    When it comes to PA, the royalty check and the reality check arrive in the same envelope.

Remember to be kind to writers who step in PA. They really don't know how bad it smells.

The difference between PA and WLA? None. Both have the stench of dead and dying books emanating from their doorways.

Congratulations, everyone!!!
    "Undying Love," a short story by Jackie Kessler in FANTASY FOR GOOD - a charity anthology to help fight colon cancer

First Ever Published Work of Fiction

Wild Child Publishing has taken and published my work, Fever, in their Halloween special. I'm rather proud of myself, and you guys helped out, too, in this work's earlier versions, in the SYW forum. Ok, go read it. *grin*

http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/

Yay!
    WVWG
    I am an/a:
    Unrepentant Rift Player
    Loving Wife and Mommy;
    Writer of Fantasy & Horror Novels & Shorts; and a
    Person Without a Personal Webpage.

under my September Skies in sunny California
    Congratulations to all of you.

But please answer this: What the heck is a Sticky? I see it on several threads and it is starting to get to me. I checked FAQ and it came back with "no match"

Yet there it is, again and again, STICKY...... ????
    How is a Sticky different from a regular thread?

"Sticky" just means that the thread is "stuck" to the top of the forum so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. That's all.
    WVWG
    I am an/a:
    Unrepentant Rift Player
    Loving Wife and Mommy;
    Writer of Fantasy & Horror Novels & Shorts; and a
    Person Without a Personal Webpage.

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar
    Neat story, Rabe! I checked back and the site worked just fine.
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!

under my September Skies in sunny California
    WVWriterGirl - thank you so much. it makes sense now.

I really do look like this. azbikergirl's Avatar
    WOOT to you all! Congrats!

Karen
    writing as KC May

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Cool stories HConn.
    Black Gate is certainly a great mag. Just wish it came out more often.
    I have a story in the upcoming issue.

Congrats, waylander!

Wink

Just sold a short story to the new e-zine Staticmovement, run by an ex-AWer, Chris Bartholomew. It's called Future School.

Also just got an email and phone call from an agent who wants to see the hardcopy full manuscript of Planet Janitor. This request came from a query only!

Am I dreaming? Nice shots to the ego when I needed it most.

Tri

practical experience, FTW spacejock2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triceretops
    Just sold a short story to the new e-zine Staticmovement, run by an ex-AWer, Chris Bartholomew. It's called Future School.

Also just got an email and phone call from an agent who wants to see the hardcopy full manuscript of Planet Janitor. This request came from a query only!

Am I dreaming? Nice shots to the ego when I needed it most.

Tri
    Congratulations, and best of luck with the novel.

Cheers
    Simon

Hal Spacejock 5 out this month!

Preditors & Editors Requiescat In Pace DaveKuzminski's Avatar
    I am pleased to announce the publication of Guardians of Riverswams from Double Dragon Publishing. This is the second book in what is the An Age of Heroes series.
    When it comes to PA, the royalty check and the reality check arrive in the same envelope.

Remember to be kind to writers who step in PA. They really don't know how bad it smells.

The difference between PA and WLA? None. Both have the stench of dead and dying books emanating from their doorways.

Cool

Excellent Dave! I fell in love with the concept of the earlier version, I remember telling you that. I also love your style--very endearing. The best of luck with this latest edtion. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Tri

Page 1 of 75 1234567112651 ... LastLast