Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25348410

I was quite surprised to read how popular these are in Africa and South America. I remember when they first came out 20 years ago and they have changed a lot since then.

I'd guess that they might be more popular in cultures or situations where many men refuse to wear condoms for various reasons.

Nice to see that there's some innovation on that front. The more options people have for affordable contraception that doesn't require a prescription and also protects against STDs, the better.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25348410

I was quite surprised to read how popular these are in Africa and South America. I remember when they first came out 20 years ago and they have changed a lot since then.

The crucial issue is whether they eventually make a "ring" on the woman's purse, if not used quickly enough. (Like on a man's wallet).

That's the key question, of course. :Lecture:

Once!

Still confused by shoelaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.will-once.com
But did the news article have to say that they "flopped" first time around?

That has given me an image which will take some time to erase.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
There's apparently a dishwasher safe silicon one? Intriguing though that is, if a male complaint is lack of feeling, what's something like that going to result in? And do people really put their sexythings in the dishwasher? o.o

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
There's apparently a dishwasher safe silicon one? Intriguing though that is, if a male complaint is lack of feeling, what's something like that going to result in? And do people really put their sexythings in the dishwasher? o.o

I think the silicone one is designed to slide back and forth over the penis and provide stimulation.

As for the dishwasher thing, I don't know, but it's a common selling point I see about silicone toys.

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
There's apparently a dishwasher safe silicon one? Intriguing though that is, if a male complaint is lack of feeling, what's something like that going to result in?

As a male, I'm not sure how valid and sincere that complaint actually is. Or at least, I wonder how much people who complain of diminished sensation went into it expecting diminished sensation.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

I think the silicone one is designed to slide back and forth over the penis and provide stimulation.

As for the dishwasher thing, I don't know, but it's a common selling point I see about silicone toys.

This question might have been referring to the effects on female sensation, of course. If there's less friction from sliding around the opening and over the external genitalia, it might not be as much fun for her either.

Last edited: