Should I reply back to this actor's manager?

Nataanii

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I contacted the manager of a somewhat known actor and sent the manager my script to see if the actor was interested in being in my indie film and all of those particulars and the manager replied back saying "thank you, we'll take a look" and that was on Friday afternoon, I haven't heard back from the manager since. Should I reply back to find out if the actor or manager has read the script and if they are interested or give them more time? Because I am really on a time limit where I am set to start production in February.

Nataanii

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Um....I don't know? I mean I know he lives in California. He's on Twitter, but I don't know exactly where he is at this exact moment. But, what does that have to do with anything, may I ask? Lol

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
February? That's ages away in film time. I work in Hollywood and I rarely book anything more than two weeks in advance (because of production time schedules, not because I'm unwilling to), and often it's only days in advance. (eta: I day play so obviously it's a little different, but this still seems like you've got a ridiculous amount of time.)

Besides, you sent this on Friday afternoon. It's the weekend. Although a lot of people work more than 5 days a week here, IMHO it's way, way too impatient to expect that someone worked over his or her weekend to read your script, especially if you mentioned a February start date.

Is your project already funded? Are you looking to attach this actor in order to attract funding? Have you already made an offer as to rate or told the manager the SAG budget level of the film? If a manager knows your film is SAG scale + negotiable it'll be a lot more tempting for him/her to read the script than if it's SAG ultra low or something. (Unless the script is seriously amazeballs or has a big name director helming it, I would expect the manager to be most concerned about what kind of rate s/he can get for his/her client.)

Last edited: