The Premiership

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, Sunderland pulled it out again. Hull City will be the game I'll watch. They've never won a BPL game in the month of May and it's against Man City, but they will be motivated. It's really in their own hands now because I don't see Newcastle getting 3 points this weekend.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Four days to Wembley. The only problem with winning the play-offs is that you have to spend the next year or two scrambling around at the bottom of the Prem.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Four days to Wembley. The only problem with winning the play-offs is that you have to spend the next year or two scrambling around at the bottom of the Prem.
Not necessarily so, Southampton didn't.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Not necessarily so, Southampton didn't.

True, but I don't see us finishing about 14th or so any time soon. Middlesborough are a defensive team so they might be OK. I think Bournemouth and especially Watford - who have a fun attitude of 'you score 4 and we'll score 5' that I'm not sure will work against Chelsea or Liverpool - are going to have tough seasons.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Watford and Bournemouth need to spend if they're going to be more than one season wonders. I'm still pinching myself at the prospect of Bournemouth in the Premiership.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Watford and Bournemouth need to spend if they're going to be more than one season wonders. I'm still pinching myself at the prospect of Bournemouth in the Premiership.

You'll have a local derby to look forward to. The mighty Bournemouth army is a sight to behold.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
If Norwich gets in, I think they have the best chance of staying up. They've been in before and have the experience, but any of the three are going to have to spend. The whole Watford squad would have to step up to stay and it might help if Matej Vydra could be signed on... to help out Troy Deeney

- then again, what do I know? =)

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
We have most of our Prem team, minus Snodgrass who signed for Hull and got a season-ending injury on his debut. And we've actually got strikers now. I don't think Chris Hughton really knew what to do with those so he never bothered signing any.

Beating Boro, though, is a big if. They've beaten us twice this season, and the first was a right slapping.

And Watford's manager has apparently just quit, possibly sensing this was a good time to go.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
And it's the Championship Play-Off final day. It's like Christmas Eve, with sunshine.

I predict things will go really well for us. Or really badly.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
And it's the Championship Play-Off final day. It's like Christmas Eve, with sunshine.

I predict things will go really well for us. Or really badly.

After searching the web, I realize that there's no way I can watch this game live. =(

However, I did find a live-stream radio broadcast!

Woohoo! (3 hours and 7 minutes to go)

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of excited and very fortunate types heading down the A11 this morning with City scarves streaming from their windows. But not me, sadly. Tickets never even went on general sale.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
2-0 to Norwich at half-time, and Boro haven't been in the game so far. {crosses fingers}

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Canaries. See you next season.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely the most fun way of going up, if you can do it. And great to see a full Wembley with no neutrals in the crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with being a neutral, but what a noise.

Fun statistic: attendance at (Norwich manager) Alex Neil's first match this year: 730. At his final match: 85,636.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
This is a sobering report on the amazing finances of the newly-relegated (again) Queens Park Rangers. Sample quote: '(debt) has risen from £14 million in 2006 to £185 million in 2014'

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Transfer talk:

Fabian Delph, wow. Nice job making yourself into an arch-villian in just two days

Ramos, is he or isn't he coming to ManU? I'm guessing Real will cave and let him go in exchange for De Gea. And if so, is ManU back in a big way? I think so.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
That started well. I guess we'll always have Wembley.