Blogs about Writing Self-Help/Motivational

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I haven't found what I am looking for anywhere else on the forum. I am looking for blogs about writing self-help/motivational books. I would really like to find ones that discuss the entire book process from idea generation to layout and writing to self-publishing. There seem to be tons for other genres, but I can't find any for self-help/motivational and the writing process is vastly different than most other genres. I hope someone has something!

Waldo

Cracked the Story Code
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patrickhwaldron.blogspot.com
The Answer is You.

Sara writes sometimes, (I like your handle) the answer is you. Professional writers who write best selling books have the same mantra. Have you heard of the practice of writing for one hour a day? Sometimes that's all you get. And if you can't steal that much time, write 15 minutes a day. Drop your chant meditation, writing self help motivation is more meditation than you may think.

You can probably tell I have read dozens of motivational books.

Sara writing a blog on motivational topics might possibly allow you to reach more people and create more streams of revenue than just writing a book. Why? How? You can use ads to drive revenue and with luck those ads will feature other motivational books, see? And, writing a blog would improve your writing.

How to write a motivational blog? One post at a time. After condensing a problem into one sentence, you give the answer in the next. In one sentence. A blog is more like journalism, get readers hooked fast. Then, you explain the answer with some interesting concrete examples and illustrate it with pictures and aphorisms. Keep it all around 250 words and the future of your blog is a bright sunny day.

If you ever need a guest blogger PM me. I am in the beginning stages of creating my own blogs. One is about the secrets to story (writing) and the other is meditation and motivation.