Happy to be aboard.

Robin Wolstenholme

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am owner of WoolysWagon ePublishing, an author, editor, artist and publisher. I hope to be contributing to discussions to share my knowledge to dispel some incorrect notions regarding Author services and publishing in general.

I run the independent publishing company www.woolyswagon.com where my goal is to give all authors and providers of author service a fair go without spending thousands securing services such as editing, book layout and conversions, covers and illustrations. In just two years I have published over 30 titles in numerous genres keeping costs to a minimum thereby distributing 50% of royalties received to authors. I am also helping authors learn how to co-promote their books to gain the best exposure. As I come across new avenues I share them.

WoolysWagon operates on the principle of all authors in our company helping one another based on the premise that increased traffic to the WoolysWagon site benefits everyone.

WoolysWagon offers contracts. We do not charge for publishing through those contracts. We do however offer services for a reasonable below market fee if you want to self publish. These services run the entire range from editing, book layouts and formatting/conversion to book doctoring, covers and access to illustrators. Every service is quoted specifically to your needs though some basic ranges of fees are available on the website. Many quotes come in under those standard fees after the inquiry is assessed and workload calculated.

I monitor all provided services personally to assure everything meets my high standards. Collaboration with authors on design and covers is guaranteed. You do not lose control of your vision though often visions change when presented with alternatives. No books pass through our hands that we are not proud to put our name on. That is why all contracts include complete services. We don't just proofread, we edit. We don't just use your illustrator's artwork, we improve it. We don't just slap up a cover using your ideas, we design a cover to represent your work and create a brand you can use on multiple titles so your fans can see you from a distance.

WoolyWagon will republish your previous backlog both in print and ebook IF you have complete rights reverted to you in writing.

Again, I hope to be of service answering questions and joining in discussions helping increase information and awareness.

Cheers,
Robin

Robin@ woolyswagon.com

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
This probably is a bit early , bordering on spam and should be moved by a moderator. To the extent you are here to participate in the forums ...

Welcome aboard

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and good luck with your publishing company. As said above, this does sound a bit like spam. Hope you stick around and tell us a bit about yourself.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Robin Wolstenholme

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. It will take some time to find my way around to discussions of interest, but I will have more time during the holidays. I only intend to share professionally, not personally, so who I am is my work and contribution to the publishing options available to authors. I do write but it has taken a back seat to my greater goal of preventing the ripoff of authors. I hope to be sharing information on negotiating the potholes along the route to publishing.

I'm hoping this is a good addition to the other outlets I use to bring light to a process that should be joyful, yet one that can be potentially harmful to authors, both financially and emotionally.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, anti ripoff Robin.
Authors now can cease their sobbin'
'Cause it's work (you say) is "who I am"
So good luck with all this intro spam.

Robin Wolstenholme

Registered
Reaction score
�� I like the humor on this site. Still sifting through posts to see what's here.