Transfer blog text & images to Word Document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westie

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I've searched and have not found an answer to this one, so if this has already been answered, would someone please point me in the right direction?

My blog has 5 years of writing with some images, and I'd like to transfer everything to a Word document or pdf. I've started doing this myself, but to copy/paste everything is going to be an onerous task, and I'd like to have someone do it for me for a reasonable price.

Any recommendations on a reputable program, source or company that is able do this? I've found a couple online, but they have no reviews and I'm suspect of the legitimacy of the sites.

Thank you!

Deleted member 42

What blogging platform are you using?

There are several companies who specialized in converting blog posts to books; I can list some if that's what you'd like.

They can be quite well done, but to be fair to the companies, the XML used in many blogs is not-standard, and can result in very odd formatting issues, so were it my blog, I'd do it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Westie

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I'm using Word Press, and I'm not so much interested in turning the material into a book...rather, I'd like all my written work together in a document that makes it easy to see what I've actually got so I can expand on certain topics.

It would be great if you were able to share a few of the companies that are able to convert blog info - thanks!

patrickwong

Author, Computer Guy, Dad
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Print to PDF?

My blog has 5 years of writing with some images, and I'd like to transfer everything to a Word document or pdf.

What does your blog look like when you print to a printer?
If your Wordpress layout lends it self to clean prints, then you can simply install a PDF Writer to your system and "print" to a PDF file.

If you have a Mac, this feature is built-in. On any Print screen, just click the PDF menu in the lower-left and choose "Save to PDF"

On Windows, you may have to install a PDF driver. I use Primo PDF:

http://www.primopdf.com/

Whats your blog address? I could try this and even mail it to you.

Deleted member 42

I'm using Word Press, and I'm not so much interested in turning the material into a book...rather, I'd like all my written work together in a document that makes it easy to see what I've actually got so I can expand on certain topics.

It would be great if you were able to share a few of the companies that are able to convert blog info - thanks!

Companies that help you turn a blog into a book:

http://www.blurb.com/

http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/

WordPress will export all your entries as an XML file.

Dashboard->Tools->Export

This has all the text, plus the xml formatting tags.

You can format this, but it takes a bit of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.