• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Promotion] Gang of Books

Varthikes

Dragon Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Draconia, Orion's Arm, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way G
I got this e-mail today. Something looks (and smells) fishy about it.

Hope you are well. This email contains important information regarding your book . Please read carefully till the end. Let's get a few details out of the way first-

1) Do you have access to up to date stats of your book sales?
2) When was the last royalty amount paid to you?
3) Has your book made any money so far? Exposure, in terms of promotion?
4) Would you publish your next book with the same publisher?

Now, if we got you thinking let's confess that this is NOT a random 'promotional' email. Informational, yes!! We know a lot about the unfortunate situation of a lot of self-published authors who are left high and dry after spending a fortune. We have a community of such authors who decided to stand up and take hold of their writing career. First step is to find ways to reach your readers. Marketing!
( We actually run a Free Author-Marketing Email Coaching program that you can join too)

You didn't write your book just to see the words " Franz Hansen " (actually, my author name is "F.J. Hansen") at the bottom of your book's cover. Whatever your dream was when you wrote that book, how far are you from that dream?

This email is for those writers who realize that they want to get help. We know that 'marketing' is not your cup of tea. You want to write and you are right. If the above four questions at the top made you think, we can help. All you need is a simple plan of action and clear guidance on how to reach your reader base.

We are also going to reveal to you the shady world of self-publishing companies who parade around as 'publishers'.

• We'll tell you what is it that you MUST be watchful dealing with them? If you are already their client, all so very important to read.
  • We'll tell you what can you do RIGHT NOW to reclaim your writing career back.
  • We'll tell you what bestselling authors do to master the social media and online PR.
  • We will help you SELL MORE COPIES of YOUR BOOK. Period.

To gain strategic inputs from industry experts SIGN-UP NOW for a no-obligation coaching.
It's a completely FREE Email-Based Coaching Program for Authors to help you market themselves.

Click here to JOIN here. It's not going to cost you anything. Everything to gain. See you there. CIAO!

I was wondering if anyone here has received something like this.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
No information about the group itself. I went to their Web site after deciphering those email redirect links.

A lot of mention of "experts", but no actual names given. Domain registered via "Crazy Domains" in September of 2013.Crazy Domains is based in Great Britain.

I might touch 'em with a ten-foot pole, but I'd burn it when I was done.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Gone without a trace.