• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Submission service] Publisheeze / GBE Interactive

MJNL

A Little Lost
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lostetter.wordpress.com
Was followed by these guys on Twitter:

http://www.gbeinteractive.com/GBE_Interactive/home.html

It appears as though they are trying to create a Submittable like service purely for novels and screenplays. Could be a good service, though a couple of things stuck out to me as odd:

They seem to be under the impression that most submissions are still done through snail-mail.

They don't seem to be aware of Submittable and like services.

It is unclear if your submissions go into a 'pot' that anyone on the publishing side can access, or if they are specific, targeted submissions.

They say they are aware of industry standards and help you create documents that meet those standards, but their inclusion of a 'self-publishing solicitation' (mentioned in the video) has me wondering.

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Sounds like a number of things (like WEbook's AgentInBox) that have been tried over the years, most to limited affect.

Mostly, I think they'll have to have really a really stringent vetting process or the site might be overrun by vanity publishers and dodgy agents. From what I've heard and seen in my own experience, publishers/agents don't need a matchmaking service in order to find authors. So what's going to convince the established pubs/agents to come onboard?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Sounds like a number of things (like WEbook's AgentInBox) that have been tried over the years, most to limited affect.
Another one was Creative Byline, for publisher submissions. Like AgentInbox, it's long gone. People have been re-inventing this wheel since before the turn of the century. There wasn't much reason for it to catch on back then, and even less reason now, with the digital revolution offering alternative pathways to publication.

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still "Coming Fall 2014". Last Tw activity (in Feb) was to promote an Indiegogo campaign, which raised $245 of $50k goal ....

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site gone. David O'Brien co-founded another sub service, Authors.me, in '15.