• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Quercus Publishing Plc / Jo Fletcher Books

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised to not see this one on the AW list, unless I'm not searching right.

Quercus Books (UK) doesn't accept unagented subs, but their Sci-Fi and Fantasy imprint Jo Fletcher does.

http://www.quercusbooks.co.uk/

http://www.jofletcherbooks.com/

Anyone with info?

Random House distributes for this company, btw. Just thought to add that too.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I've subbed two books to Jo Fletcher over the last few years and had friendly rejections on both. I'd love to get one in with her - a lot of the books under her imprint are superb. If you don't already, she's worth following on Twitter.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I know someone published by them. They publish some very interesting books and seem unafraid to take chances.
Very much involved in the SF/F community. You'll see them at all the major UK cons.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Some pretty outstanding staff credits and history for all the imprints. I'm just wondering what imprint is appropriate for YA, if there is any. I do see YA books, I believe.

They must have some serious distribution in place, judging from their international claims and presence.

So Quercus needs an agent, but the SF/fantasy/horror (Jo Flethcher doesn't?

tri

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Jo Fletcher books publishes Tom Pollock's Skyscraper Throne series which is YA contemporary fantasy.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Jo Fletcher take YA subs. I've subbed YA there before (received a friendly form rejection about five weeks later).

Last edited:

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
"On the Unsolicited"

A 2013 post from Nicola Budd on their slush, and her biggest bugbears on same.

For anyone wandering into this thread who wanted a little help before submitting.

Best of luck!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I read that blog post and found it pretty standard and interesting. Ironically, I did not find, at all, the url for an agent to submit to Quercus. I found Jo Fletcher and the other imprint (Heron) contact info, but no direct link for an agent to sub to Quercus.

Anybody know this contact URL, or is this a secret handshake deal or something that I'm not aware of or overlooking?

tri

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
I read that blog post and found it pretty standard and interesting. Ironically, I did not find, at all, the url for an agent to submit to Quercus. I found Jo Fletcher and the other imprint (Heron) contact info, but no direct link for an agent to sub to Quercus.

Anybody know this contact URL, or is this a secret handshake deal or something that I'm not aware of or overlooking?

tri

I didn't see any URL for agents either, tri. I'm thinking that agents must use the unsolicited-subs email address that Nicola lists. I also found that same address linked in the JFB About page -- that's where the subs G/L are too.

From Jo Fletcher Books:

Agents: please note this email address is for unsolicited submissions only.

Alas! I can't use the email address since I'm not submitting a MS.

Sorry, I forgot to subscribe to this thread, so I lost track til today.

Ariel*---

az shea

Copy editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aszanoni.blogspot.com
Ah, thanks for that. I'm an idiot thinking that my agent wouldn't know such a thing. She might have subbed to Quercus once or twice before.

tri

De nada, tri. Not an idiot. April Fools was reaching out its sneaky thread to trap you in confusion.

Sort of like Cthulhu but more sticky.

(Also, I would like to point out that AW has Cthulhu in its spellchecker, because a moment ago I had it wrong. This is dedication!)

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fwiw, I just submitted here. The covers look great, and the books have a ton of reviews on Amazon, NYT bestsellers, etc. We will see what happens.