AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [eTailer] FirstChapters

[eTailer] FirstChapters

I just got a form letter sent via my website...I'll be gracious and not call it spam, although it's pretty clearly cut and paste and they didn't even paste the name of my book in...from a Malcolm Turner, aka David Conway, asking to feature my book on "Discovery-FirstChapters.net" and to sell it via their store.

Sadly, having that particular name makes searching for it darn impossible for my limited skills (and he also lists it as "FirstChapters.net" which is even more generic!) so I wasn't able to turn anything up here except advice on sending first chapters to agents!

It reads like a book-promo site--apparently you can read the first few chapters or something--but they also offer to sell it for a 50% commission (I am then informed that this is a really good commission for books under 2.99!) and to "pulse" it for a day where they lower the price. (I assume they're talking about my recent self-pub novella, since my publisher would have very unkind words about this foolishness on any of the others!)

I get very snarly about spam solicitations, so I probably wouldn't be following this up anyway, but I wanted to check and see if this sort of thing was going around.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: http://discovery-firstchapters.net/index.php

Division of Blueline Books Ltd. (founded in Feb, site not up yet): http://www.bluelinebooks.co.uk/

All the books up so far are self-published, including the owner's.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Still only a handful of books, and the store's domain firstchapters.net is (recently) expired. Can view the base site here (last activity Nov '13): http://firstchaptersdotnet.wordpress.com/

Blueline's site never materialized.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: