2013 Losers Bar

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
As we often say in the MTS word count thread, "words is words". They all count.

I'm counting one Pepsi, and... that's about it. Cheap round. :D

ETA: Shadow, I missed your post. :Hug2: Sorry to hear of your loss.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
:Hug2: AE. When my kids were in grade school, November was an impossible writing month. January will feel like Nirvana. And NaNo isn't going anywhere. When your little girl is older, you'll reach the 50K.

Shadow Ferret, so sorry for your loss. Particularly hard this time of year.

AP, I have to stay sober so my sister-in-law doesn't burn down my house when she leaves the rolls in the oven until the smoke alarm goes off. Once the food's on the table, I'm hoarding a bottle of wine for myself. :)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Elaine. It's tough, but family comes first, and we've had such a lovely...well, every day is lovely. So though I miss writing, I'm not resentful about it. Frustrated sometimes, perhaps. When I sit down at night to read rather than write, I think - "What kind of writer are you? Put down the book and pick up the pen!" But by that point, I just want to drift away without thought or intention. Books are the place to do that.

Shadow - sorry. I didn't see that until I went back to read the posts. I'm so sorry. This is such a hard time of year for most people, let alone those who experience loss. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I'm still working on it daily, but I'm only at about 20K and not going to make any kind of a push to get through. I anticipate hitting about 25K by Saturday.

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
I have around 1,400 words. I'm starting to suspect I'm not going to win.

I had a great idea but could not wrestle it into a story, at least not with the time constraints (I started planning in earnest on October 20). Without the time constraints, I think I can get it, and finish the book.

... just not this month.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't exactly doing NaNo, just using it to spur myself to write as much as possible on the WIP.

as much as possible turns out to be significantly less than I'd hoped.

It is early, but maybe a shot of anisette alongside my coffee...

Oh hey, that was my goal too!!!!

I'm reigning in 16k going on 17k. (insert verse from the Sound of Music here). But I wrote as much as I can, and I went from writing 200 words/session to about 500-1k/writing session. I've been out of the game for a while, so at least I'm back on track.

On that note, since everyone's putting in their order, I'd like a Captain and Coke please:)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, after such a strong start (7000 words in one day!) I stalled out about a week ago between the well running dry, work commitments, and just general NaNo burn out. I only have 15,000 more to go, and I could possibly do it, but I don't feel like burning myself out again.

I love the project, and will continue to its conclusion, but I'm not sure exactly what the final product will look like. I'm thinking novella.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm gonna try and get another 2,500 words before Sunday to make my final total 20k.

I may also make mojitos. Depends if the mint in my garden classifies as suitable for human consumption. :)

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah well, I ended Nano with 40K. It has been a hectic, crazy month but I have loved, or at least loved hating, every moment of it. Maybe next year will be better...but yaaay, 40K! *pats self on the back, which is quite a feat for a hippo*

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
Some pretty solid work, all :)

I've managed to eek my way up to ~30k words plus a scene-by-scene breakdown. And I'm now ensconced safely in my new place, getting used to the cold :D