AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Furniss Lawton

[Agency] Furniss Lawton

There doesn't seem to be an thread for this agency, so here it is.

There's no question that they are legit, but I wondered if anyone has had any experience of them. They are open to new authors, and represent HF, but seem to represent more celebrity names than any thing else.

http://furnisslawton.co.uk/
    The Speculator: On submission.
    Aelia: Work In Progress

Eugenie Furniss used to be the William Morris Agent in the UK ... so, top notch. I found her extremely good to work with ... she has requested fulls from me in the past, when she was with WM, and always rea ( and rejected!) quickly.
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Sockpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by aruna View Post
    Eugenie Furniss used to be the William Morris Agent in the UK ... so, top notch. I found her extremely good to work with ... she has requested fulls from me in the past, when she was with WM, and always rea ( and rejected!) quickly.
    Well, I just queried her, so at least I'll know sooner rather than later. (I hope)

Oooh, a new UK literary agency! That's a rare sight. They look good, thanks gothicangel.
    Website/Blog | Twitter | Instagram (Dog Pics!)
    Avatar by Britt. Still the same teademon (or teadragon, depending who you ask).

I have an agent!

Writing:
    M/M British Urban Fantasy
    With Agent (eeee): Giant Robots Project

Braving the query mountains Cel_Fleur's Avatar
    Hello!

Any recent interactions from AWers with this agency? They look pretty good - and I'd definitely sub to them going by the professionalism of their website and their clientèle - but I had a lot of trouble working out what genres they're looking for. Yes, almost the majority of their clients are celebs or people already in the industry, but there are a couple of chic lit and romance authors, thriller/crime authors and, as far as I can see, only two [Urban?] Fantasy authors.

I'm querying a Fantasy Romance, so if they represent HF, that'd be good. I hope my input is relevant here. Thoughts?

~Fleur
    Silent by day; pretentious by night.

"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Currently...juggling the lives in my head.

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    You could phone them up and ask what genres they're looking for. UK agencies are generally unlike US agencies in this respect, they will talk to you if you call.

"wonderfully old-school epic adventure fare"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcvasKnJlV8

we're gonna make it out of the fire The_Ink_Goddess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel_Fleur View Post
    Hello!

Any recent interactions from AWers with this agency? They look pretty good - and I'd definitely sub to them going by the professionalism of their website and their clientèle - but I had a lot of trouble working out what genres they're looking for. Yes, almost the majority of their clients are celebs or people already in the industry, but there are a couple of chic lit and romance authors, thriller/crime authors and, as far as I can see, only two [Urban?] Fantasy authors.

I'm querying a Fantasy Romance, so if they represent HF, that'd be good. I hope my input is relevant here. Thoughts?

~Fleur
    I got a full request from my YA dark contemporary thriller-ish thing from Liane-Louise at F+L on 28th March from a query sent on January 30th. (They represent Kevin Brooks, who is YA royalty in the UK, so I hoped they might like it.) Haven't heard back since, but I'll update if/when I do.
    --Beth.

I tweet/complain here.

there is nothing that
    distracts me music is
    only a crossword puzzle
    do you know how it is

when you are the only
    passenger if there is a
    place further from me
    I beg you do not go

Braving the query mountains Cel_Fleur's Avatar
    Thanks for the input! Waylander, I didn't know that. Guess I've been spending too much time reading American querying help online.

Good luck, Ink_Goddess. I haven't yet reached the full request stage. Did you query Liane-Louise or one of the agents?

Another question (sorry!): any idea what their stance is on the New Adult classification?
    Silent by day; pretentious by night.

"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Currently...juggling the lives in my head.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: