The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: 2 POD publishers

Saundra

Smile 2 POD publishers

Anyone have experience with Dogear or Outskirts Publishing? I've done the homework and I'm down to these two. Any experience with editor Tim Polk? Thanks.

Gone
    Saundra, both of those publishers are listed in the Index thread at the top of the page.
    Winner of Uncle Jim's Whoo Hoo Super Writer Award and Nomad's Most Use of Vowels in a Screen Name Award as well as Maryn's Only Person on AW Whose Name Anagrams to "I, Octane," "Act I (One)" and "Nice tao" Award in addition to batgirl's Culpeper Award for Botanically Erudite Screen Name plus awatkins' AW's Most Creative Srounger [sic] of Rep Points Award not to mention azbikergirl's Arizona Most Awarded Writer Award and also Dawno's Most Interesting Signature Line Award

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundra
    Anyone have experience with Dogear or Outskirts Publishing? I've done the homework and I'm down to these two. Any experience with editor Tim Polk? Thanks.
    Do you mean this Dogear and this Outskirts Publishing?

Why in the world are you even considering POD vanity presses?

Have you ever seen one of their books in bookstores? Have you, personally, ever read one of their books? Do you know anyone who has?

Please, have some self-respect.

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar
    Closing thread because, as Aconite mentioned, both of those presses already have topics devoted to them. Please check the Index and read the threads about them, then add any questions you like. Unless you take Jim's advice and forget them both altogether.
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!