• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Boutique of Quality Books Publishing

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed this publisher while browsing books on the Kobo website. A couple of theirs are part of a Kobo weekend sale. Didn't see a listing for them here.

http://bqbpublishing.com

Hmm, I thought. Maybe a small publisher I haven't heard of before?

But it seems to be another vanity press, or self-publishing assistance group. Founded in 2010. They have a page called
"How Much Does It Cost to Publish a Book with BQB?"

"Publishing a book is an expensive undertaking, but BQB Publishing’s revolutionary hybrid book publishing model has a unique take on handling the costs of publishing a book: we share the costs with the author.

Traditional publishers bear the costs of publishing a book, but they have total or near-total control over the book and share diminutive royalties with the author. Self-publishers put the entire cost of publishing on the author, and they offer little to no assistance in the publication, marketing, and selling processes.

BQB is different from both of these models. On average, BQB invests $5,000 to $7,000 in every book we publish, and our authors invest $3,500 to $5,000. In addition, BQB shares 50% or more of royalties.

BQB invests in our authors because we only accept manuscripts in which we believe. We are willing to back our authors up because we believe in their vision!

Authors who are accepted by BQB have the unique opportunity to personally oversee the entire process of taking their story from a rough manuscript to a finished book."

Rats. Was hoping it wouldn't be like this.

Their website does say they do both print and ebook, and have a distribution system with Ingram and Baker & Taylor. So, there's a chance your book could get onto the shelf of a retail store.

They publish in a wide range of categories. Their covers, for me, range from "meh" to "hmm." Just noticed they have some hardcover, too.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
The usual myths and misinformation.

Like a self-publishing company:

Copyright remains with the author
Unless it's work-for-hire, copyright remains with trade-published authors too.

Respects the author’s creativity and involvement
And money.

The Management Team is long on emotion and short on experience. Avoid.