AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Boutique of Quality Books Publishing

Boutique of Quality Books Publishing

I noticed this publisher while browsing books on the Kobo website. A couple of theirs are part of a Kobo weekend sale. Didn't see a listing for them here.

http://bqbpublishing.com

Hmm, I thought. Maybe a small publisher I haven't heard of before?

But it seems to be another vanity press, or self-publishing assistance group. Founded in 2010. They have a page called
    "How Much Does It Cost to Publish a Book with BQB?"

"Publishing a book is an expensive undertaking, but BQB Publishing’s revolutionary hybrid book publishing model has a unique take on handling the costs of publishing a book: we share the costs with the author.

Traditional publishers bear the costs of publishing a book, but they have total or near-total control over the book and share diminutive royalties with the author. Self-publishers put the entire cost of publishing on the author, and they offer little to no assistance in the publication, marketing, and selling processes.

BQB is different from both of these models. On average, BQB invests $5,000 to $7,000 in every book we publish, and our authors invest $3,500 to $5,000. In addition, BQB shares 50% or more of royalties.

BQB invests in our authors because we only accept manuscripts in which we believe. We are willing to back our authors up because we believe in their vision!

Authors who are accepted by BQB have the unique opportunity to personally oversee the entire process of taking their story from a rough manuscript to a finished book."

Rats. Was hoping it wouldn't be like this.

Their website does say they do both print and ebook, and have a distribution system with Ingram and Baker & Taylor. So, there's a chance your book could get onto the shelf of a retail store.

They publish in a wide range of categories. Their covers, for me, range from "meh" to "hmm." Just noticed they have some hardcover, too.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    "Revolutionary hybrid book publishing model." Wish I had a dollar for every one of those I've seen.

- Victoria

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    The usual myths and misinformation.

Like a self-publishing company:

Copyright remains with the author
    Unless it's work-for-hire, copyright remains with trade-published authors too.

Respects the author’s creativity and involvement
    And money.

The Management Team is long on emotion and short on experience. Avoid.
    Sleeping Beauty-inspired m/m romance : Editing.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    In '14, bought out WriteLife LLC, which now serves as its literary fiction & non-fiction imprint under the name, WriteLife Publishing. http://writelife.com/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: