Has it been long enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anat

Registered
Reaction score
I completed my manuscript 4 years ago, attempted my query with 9 agents got 6 rejections 3 maybes and nothing progressed. I went back to the "drawing board" reworked on my manuscript and rewrote my query (which I am wanting to publish on "query letter hell" but having problems) My question is; Would it be wise to approach the same agents again? It's been so long and they were carefully selected. I doubt they will remember me...

Thoughts...

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
I completed my manuscript 4 years ago, attempted my query with 9 agents got 6 rejections 3 maybes and nothing progressed. I went back to the "drawing board" reworked on my manuscript and rewrote my query (which I am wanting to publish on "query letter hell" but having problems) My question is; Would it be wise to approach the same agents again? It's been so long and they were carefully selected. I doubt they will remember me...

Thoughts...

I wouldn't recommend resubmitting to the agents who read material, then turned it down. They'll probably remember. The ones who just read a query and said no might not, so if your query is substantially different, it can't hurt to try. But I hope you have a lot more than 9 agents on your list---you should have 30, 40 at least.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But I hope you have a lot more than 9 agents on your list---you should have 30, 40 at least.

Yes, I was going to say that. Are you subbing internationally, or just SA?

Anat

Registered
Reaction score
Good advice, thank you, and yes I have a much longer list of agents but didn't want to exhaust it before I am 100% happy with the product ... I am ONLY trying to submit internationally, if everything fails I will revert to SA but first prize will be the US.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Anat: You need 50 posts that engage with the community before you can post a thread of your own in QLH. I strongly recommend critting several queries before posting your own, regardless of when you reach 50 posts. That's the best way to get a feel for how QLH works. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.