Status
Not open for further replies.

Nononana

A little obsessed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ninagjones.com
Writer BN, well at least I know I'm not crazy! I kept racking my brain wondering if it was me. Now, I get to look forward to long-winded email correspondence with Amazon, yay!

It's interesting to see people getting borrows. I signed up on 1/21 and not a single borrow for a book priced at $3.99. Hmmm.

Nononana

A little obsessed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ninagjones.com
Just wanted to report back to this thread with a few things in case anyone was still considering:

1) My initial issue was resolved quickly, it seemed like they were very familiar with it.

2) Just started my countdown and so far it has more than exceeded my expectations. I think the key is to have a strategy around it since doing it alone won't get the sales, a lot of it is genre and marketing strategy. My countdown ends on the 8th, so I'll report back with more results.

Sherrie Cronin

imagining doing the impossible
Registered
Reaction score
Website
46ascending.org
Thanks Nononana -- I'm still following along here and will be curious to hear how it went. I opted to go for old the 5 days of giveaways that I already knew -- I did a little more marketing myself and gave away my most copies ever, so I will see how that translates into reviews. Appreciate your reporting back and good luck with it!

Nononana

A little obsessed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ninagjones.com
So my countdown deal is complete and I have to say I am thrilled with how it went.

I released my second book the month before (the sequel release pushed both of my books to the top of the erotica charts for Thrillers, Suspense, and Mystery). Adding the countdown to that surged the book to the top getting it into the 20s for all of Erotica and putting me at #1 of the Erotic Mystery charts for several days. I have been staying strong all week in the top three. It is also translating pretty nicely to sales of the 3.99 sequel. I am getting new reviewers and new followers as well.

I will say the deal is likely as good as the promo behind it. I did the following to push the promotion:

A bargain booksy feature
A Bargain ebook feature
Posted to several fb pages that promote erotica to readers
Hosted several "page takeovers," which are very common in Erotica and Romance on FB
I hosted a FB Event on the 5th day of the 7-day promo period. I played games with readers, put up teaser graphics that they shared, excerpts, etc. Those who bought the book entered a special contest to get the sequel for free.

So, the promo was successful, but I didn't just slap it up there and pray on it, I worked really hard this week to get the word out and it paid off. I don't know if this is possible in every genre, but romance and erotica has fervent fans and they are huge supporters of indie authors.

So countdown can work, but mostly if you already have a large following or work hard to get the word out there and use it as a vehicle to introduce yourself to new readers. I know this has been stated, but I wanted to share my personal experience to shed further light.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Nononana! I'm so glad it was successful for you. Can you tell us how many copies were purchased during your run or are you uncomfortable with that? I think it helps us get more perspective on how helpful the Countdown can be.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather not get into specific numbers, but it was definitely over 100 sold/day.

That's fine, and what you've shared is good info. Thank you. Again, congrats on doing so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.