Just a little NaNoWriMo-Eve pep talk...

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'm not doing NaNo myself this year because I'm traveling and completely snowed under with deadlines, but I at least wanted to offer some advice and encouragement to those who are. NaNo is very near and dear to my heart because the first time I did it (2008) was the kick in the pants that jump-started my career. Seriously: I wrote my first romance for NaNo '08, carried the momentum into the next book, and the next one, and the next one, and five years later, I'm a full-time romance author. I adore NaNo, and want as many people as possible to succeed in it.

So...here's my Not Quite Annual But Hopefully Helpful Pre-NaNo Pep Talk for anyone who needs it. :)

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great pep talk, and something I was/am still in need of! I should probably reread it come midnight... :)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Great pep talk! I'm glad to see someone views NaNo the same way I do. Yes, you want to meet word count, but that's no reason to write complete crap. In fact, when I'm just normally writing, my word count per day is usually well over the NaNo word count, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case during NaNo this year.