NaNo Rebels

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any other NaNo Rebels here?

I plan to finish a non-fiction book that I've already started. I need about 30,000 words. I am also not doing a rough draft, but polishing each section and sending it out as a separate article as I go.

The office is not all cleaned out and arranged to perfection as I had planned on (in my wildest dreams). But I have a cleared off table, and a nice assortment of candles, drinks, and music. Also, prisms hang from the curtain rod so I will have magical rainbows to help me along. I still need to do my nails, as spiffed up hands just work the keyboard better, that is all. Oh. Were we supposed to work on the actual outline before NaNo started? Ha.

So, fellow NaNo Rebels, what is your goal and how have you prepared so far?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...And of course, now that I have November blocked out for NaNo, other things pop up for the first three days of November. Well, since I'm a NaNo Rebel anyway, maybe I'll just start now to make up for it. Ah, the joys of not having to follow the rules!

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Make that the first *four* days of November.

Okay then, if anyone sees they are not going to make their 50,000 words or decides a new draft of a novel is not the thing they want to work on, consider coming over to the NaNo Rebel thread rather than giving up completely. :)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm rebelling too. Finishing up two stories.

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
Another rebel here. I'll probably be dividing my time between the second draft of one story and the partially completed first draft of another.

Depends, though. I'm having a crisis of confidence over the POV for one and I've been blocked on the other one for months. This could end up being my hardest NaNo ever.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I've been a NaNo rebel for several years now. This time I'm trying to finish the story that stumped me last year. I think I have a good shot at it now. Amazing what a little bit of research can do for one's confidence. :D

Good luck on whatever you're writing!

:Sun:

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I've been a NaNo rebel for several years now. This time I'm trying to finish the story that stumped me last year. I think I have a good shot at it now. Amazing what a little bit of research can do for one's confidence. :D

Good luck on whatever you're writing!

:Sun:

That's what I'm doing. I started my story back in July, but it stalled at around 8K because I knew squat about the 1920's. I decided to rewrite it for Nano, and did a lot of research during October.

Things are going a lot better this time around. :D

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Hey, everyone. Rebel here. I'm using NaNo to hopefully kick myself in gear and make some progress on my WIP which was a paltry 11K.

I've added 1K today.

*rebel and proud of it

thebird

Registered
Reaction score
Another Rebel here! I'm finishing up my current novella (approx 10,000 words left to write), and then writing another novella I started a few months ago and then set aside. It should end up being around 50,000 words total. (Eek!)

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
I'm concentrating on querying while everyone else is busy writing :D

I've got a new one I started a month ago and am at 28K words now. I'd like to have the first draft done by the end of the month, if I can. It's a completely silly story, but I'm enjoying it so far.

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
I'm expanding a short story I wrote a few years ago. Well, it started out as a novelette, then I cut it down to a short story, then back to a novelette...yeah, it's complicated.

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
Another rebel here. I'm finished a Nano I did two years ago then had to promptly stop straight after November. I edited it down to 40k last month and now I'd like at least 30-50k on it this month if I can stay focused.

alldis

Temet Nosce
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. Rebel here. I'm using NaNo to hopefully kick myself in gear and make some progress on my WIP which was a paltry 11K.

Pretty much the exact same situation here.
Just continuing on my current WIP, and by the time December rolls around, I'll (hopefully) have another 50,000 words added to it by then.

A.

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
I want to make it through the current draft of my WIP. I'm at around 55,000 and it'll probably come in somewhere below 80,000 words (I'm one of those writers who has to add during revisions rather than cut). I'm getting tired of being on this draft, so I'm using NaNo to help push through it.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
alldis, I've been finding that my motivation has been lacking, so I'm hoping this gets me back on track. Best of luck to you!

Rachel77, I have the same problem. I write short and end up needing to add later.

I've been trying to figure out where this novel's going. I pretty much know how it ends, it's just getting there that's the problem. :D

whitegirlbkcvrs

Registered
Reaction score
What exactly qualifies as a rebel? I had only like ten pages before I started NaNo so I'm not sure that counts...

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
OMG, she's a rebel. Tie her up, lock her up, and throw away the key.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
hello, rebels!

thought I'd pop on here to just introduce myself and my rebel project. I started a story last year that was in my head for a long time, and I finally started getting down but I stopped writing for a while due to other obligations. I started with 10,000 words that I had from last year this NaNo, and I am currently at 12,724 words (I decided to start again this past week). 2,000 isn't a lot, but it feels good to write again. It's been a while. I'm also changing my goal for NaNoWriMo instead of doing 50k, I'm hoping to do a more feasible goal of 30k. Good luck, everyone! :)