Two days to go! What's your novel about?

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Do you have any ideas yet? Are you winging it? ARE YOU NERVOUS YET? The clock is ticking and I'd love to hear what y'all are writing about this year :)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I can't wait! I'm getting that Week Zero buzz. Is it Friday yet?

I've got a paranormal/fantasy western planned. Got some basic plotting done for the first few scenes and last few, but between that, it's like I'm looking into a dark room and night vision hasn't completely set in yet. I can see the shape of the things, but I don't know exactly what they look like yet.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty dark vampire novel for me. Try to bring some genuine fear back to 'em.

ETA:My NaNo Novel page

Last edited:

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
YA cyberpunk thriller.

I've got a pretty thorough outline for once and am twitching with anticipation. :snoopy:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I can't wait! I'm getting that Week Zero buzz. Is it Friday yet?

Me too! I haven't been this excited for NaNo since my first time, back in 2006 (Has it really been that long? Damn!).

I've got a paranormal/fantasy western planned.

Now that's a combination I've never heard of! Care to tell me more about it?

Looks like a pretty dark vampire novel for me. Try to bring some genuine fear back to 'em.

Sweet! The genre took a turn for the silly for a bit, but I'm glad people are going back to its roots.

YA cyberpunk thriller.

I've got a pretty thorough outline for once and am twitching with anticipation. :snoopy:

Congrats! I've always wanted to write cyberpunk but I've never quite found an idea. My novel this NaNo kind of has a cyberpunk/postapocaliptic feel to it, but not quite.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Psssst! I created a book trailer for a workshop I facilitated back in junlyember (can't remember when?). I just threw it together in 10 minutes as a sample of something one can do as a quick novel outline. I wanted to give both pantsers and planners a few alternatives. Well...when I was finished, I thought...Hmmm? I might just use this idea.

Well, I am. My novel is going to be about this: FROM THE TREES a YA Novel

from a quickly thrown together book trailer for a non-existent book, I'm going to write my nanowrimo book. (-:

wittyblather

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing YA sci-fi with dystopian elements. Basically, it's about a futuristic human society that worships the planets as deities. I'm super excited to start!

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been waffling on whether or not to do NaNo this year. I haven't a thought in my head and between work and vacation, October has just flown by. I can't believe NaNo starts in just a couple of days.

Should I or shouldn't I? I hate to miss it ... maybe a day of brainstorming is in order.

** wanders off to the NaNo Adoption Society **

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
The story in my head started out in early September as a fun MG fiction along the lines of something Louis Sacher would write and quickly became a more serious contemporary plot.
Very different from anything I would have thought I'd write, but who am I to argue with my story?

I'm a NaNo newbie and feeling excited and anxious as Friday looms.

HoosierCowgirl

Registered
Reaction score
My story's about ...

... lovers separated by the American Civil War, with some paranormal elements (sort of).

And horses.

Good luck, everybody. I haven't been here since 2008 or tried NaNo since then. So, like, wow ... time travel or something!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Mine's an MG fantasy novel with a magical boarding school where the magic is based on chemical elements (as opposed to the classical elements). I'm calling it Harry Potter with chemistry.

Yorkist

Banned
Reaction score
Love the ideas thus far. Regrettably this will have to be November Research Month for me, for I recently acquired a dose of creative constipation and have not yet received ex-lax for it.

But my novel, which is partially planned, is a revision of Antigone, plus some other related plays, or parts of them. I am bringing in new plot events, exploring the past relationships between the sibs, and adding new dimensions to the conflicts. Plus, oh yeah, magical realism! Enjoying the hell out of this baby, which is awesome because my last exploded into a chaotic mess. And I think it will help that I've got half a plot laid out for me.

Yay!

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Sci-fi/futuristic M/M romance for me, set in a future where (most) humans don't sleep. Man, it must be like it's NaNoWriMo all the time for them. ;)

It's pretty well outlined (I always outline, but do so in more detail then usual for NaNoWriMo, so I should never be at a loss for what to write) though the ending is doing my head in a bit. But that's normal enough at this stage for me. I only really figure out exactly how the ending works when I get closer to it.

Anyone taking Friday off to get a big start? I'm not, but I'm making sure I don't have much of anything else to do on the weekend. Can I get a 12k weekend? Be very nice to go into the first full week with 12k+ already under my belt! :D

Last edited:

wittyblather

Registered
Reaction score
Mine's an MG fantasy novel with a magical boarding school where the magic is based on chemical elements (as opposed to the classical elements). I'm calling it Harry Potter with chemistry.

Oooh, I like it! I'm all about magical boarding schools, haha.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I might cheat this year. Try to get 50k words of disjointed scenes and flash fiction out of my head. Perhaps I'll be able to develop some of the ideas into full pieces. Dunno, I just had a lot of fragments in my head and no time to explore them.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The sequel to my YA fantasy about teen assassins. I'm a wee bit stressed out about it because I'd rather work on something completely new since the first book hasn't even sold yet, but my agent thinks having the sequel in the works would be a great selling point, so guhhhh fingers crossed...

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
Steampunk romance. Pretty excited about it. I've got a basic plot, with key turning points identified (I need a sense of direction going in or I will stall out and get nowhere). If I can pull it off (I usually write straight up historical) then it's the start of a series.

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very excited this year! I've created a detailed outline for a two-part dungeon punk novel. Lots of lush, vibrant, earthy settings, plus rusty old machines run by magic. Each of my characters is the hero of his/her own story and the villain of someone else's, so it's very "greyscale." Also planning to do 75K instead of 50K.

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm torn between four projects (probably the reason I have yet to finish a novel), and I'm really excited about NanoWriMo because I'm going to have to force myself to pick one and write it! I've got 24 1/2 to choose.

Brokedown Highway - A psychological horror slasher about nine strangers on an abandoned highway with a touch of David Lynch.

Mirrors: The Dark Side - A young adult fantasy about twin brothers and their dangerous alter egos from another world; the other side of the mirror.

Teenage Wasteland - A young adult dystopian novel where an uncurable disease has reduced the average lifespan to 26 years of age.

Carnival - A new adult novel about a carnival, a carny and molly.

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going out of my element for this one. A science-fiction idea I had a dream about. I am excited for it!

I think dreams are one of the best sources of inspiration we can have.

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
New Adult-ish, romance-ish. Boy sees girl in a crowd, boy and girl meet. Boy is an actor with a rising profile, girl is a cafe worker/teenage writing phenom/agoraphobic from a local political family. Everything else will appear during NaNo.