Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Tatra Press

Tatra Press

It says they've been around a while, but they only have a few books.

http://tatrapress.com/catalog/

I found them on the Publisher's Marketplace
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

Stealing your twiglets. Anninyn's Avatar
    Not much out isn't necessarily a bad sign from a small or micropress. It's probably better that they concentrate on one book at a time.

Otherwise, they seem like they mainly publish niche non-fiction, with a couple of novels. The covers aren't great, but I've seen much worse. The site is aimed at readers, not writers.

Hopefully the publishing experts will weigh in, but I'd suggest anybody considering submitting to this or any small press ask themselves some questions about what they want to achieve with publishing, and whether the press can help them achieve it.

"Tatra Press is distributed to the trade by Midpoint Trade Books"

That's a good sign right there.

And I think the covers are rather good if you ask me. The worst ones I've seen don't even compare.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

Just the facts, please
    "Tatra Press does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. Feel free, however, to submit a one-page overview of your project, plus a resume – but no more, please. If we sense a good fit, we will request a sample chapter or two."

http://tatrapress.com/submission-guidelines/

practical experience, FTW Taran's Avatar
    They get a gold star from me based on the name alone. Slovakia's mountains need more love.