Merging publishers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about merging publishers? I have been taking responsibility for everything apart from writing the books for another person, and it has been mutually decided that it would be easier for him to become an imprint of mine rather than myself manage different accounts. It might also benefit being a larger single publisher if applying for places such as Overdrive.

I am asking Nielsen about this as I buy the ISBN’s from them. It is taking a while for them to answer however and I’m not sure if they are going to help me. I assumed it would be possible on the basis that publishers merging (such as when one buys another) is a feasible situation.

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not quite clear what you're asking for help or advice on. Could you perhaps ask some specific questions?

Also, if you're talking about publishing companies then I'm not sure this is suited to self publishing, so there might be a thread-move in the near future. Brace yourself.

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
Hi OldHack. Thanks, I've managed to sort it out now. There was a delay talking to Nielsen but I have found out that I can merge so that my friends imprint and ISBN's can be put under mine.

I'm the publisher who is also the author, so a pubthor, like a panther but better.

Status
Not open for further replies.