Football

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Football, anyone?

As in, for those familiar with it in the United States, you guys call it soccer. And for those of you even more familiar with it, any favourite teams, leagues, championships, cups?

Oh, and any Champions League predictions? ;)

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Personally I'm delighted with how Southampton have started the season in the English Premier League. Hope they can sustain it.

England will not win the World Cup in Brazil next year.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Ozil's move to Arsenal vexes me. I don't understand the why behind it at all. And I don't understand how it just seemed to happen, with no bidding war to speak of. The man is a huge talent.

I'm terribly vexed.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Ozil's move to Arsenal vexes me. I don't understand the why behind it at all. And I don't understand how it just seemed to happen, with no bidding war to speak of. The man is a huge talent.

I'm terribly vexed.

Apparently Man U were in for him as well, but botched it somehow (they had a really poor summer in the transfer market.) But yes, as a Spurs fan it vexes me too.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Watching Man U and Stoke today, it seemed to me that the players ignored the Moyes gameplan in the last twenty minutes. Or maybe Moyes told them to change it up, I don't really know.

Regardless, having Rooney and Chicharito pull the team back from the brink seems a little old hat to me. Man U has a lot of talent and I think it's being squandered, game in and game out.

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
Ozil is a massive talent, but they bought Isco so keeping one world-class playmaker on the bench made no sporting or financial sense.

Still, Ozil's sale was a big mistake.

And World Cup next year will be quite the championship. Brazil, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Argentina...

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Watching Man U and Stoke today, it seemed to me that the players ignored the Moyes gameplan in the last twenty minutes. Or maybe Moyes told them to change it up, I don't really know.

Regardless, having Rooney and Chicharito pull the team back from the brink seems a little old hat to me. Man U has a lot of talent and I think it's being squandered, game in and game out.

They look shaky in quite a few positions to me. The midfield mix isn't right (and Fellaini hasn't improved it) and in defence they look like they're in transition.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Extremely fortunate penalty for Spurs against Hull yesterday. I thought Hull deserved to get some thing from the match.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
A big Arsenal fan for the last 25 years. May be, this is our season.
Sure looks that way, so far. Podolski should be back in a few weeks, right? He's so fired up to play with Ozil, he might actually start trying for entire games. That's bad news for Arsenal's foes, great news for the Gunners.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
When I lived in England, my best Brit friend and colleague was cursed by being a lifelong fan of West Ham. I don't know what demon caused that, but, alas . . .

caw