Can't Stay Logged In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedium

Le sigh.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to matter which client I use, but I can't seem to stay logged into the chat. I'm fine for a while then it says connection to server lost, and logs me in again. I know this is frustrating to the other people in the chat to see me log in and out a hundred times. Also, oddly enough, sometimes it will keep me logged in for hours with no interruptions.

I used to frequent the chats, but then I stopped because of this issue. I tried again with a new client a few days ago, and experienced the same thing.

Any suggestions for what I could do to solve this issue? Is there any information I can provide to help better troubleshoot the problem?

Clients I've tried:
1) Chatzilla
2) IceChat
3) XChat
4) KVIrc

Deleted member 42

Any suggestions for what I could do to solve this issue? Is there any information I can provide to help better troubleshoot the problem?

Clients I've tried:
1) Chatzilla
2) IceChat
3) XChat
4) KVIrc

What kind of connection are you using? WiFi, WiFi from local broadband, dialup, dsl . . .

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
It happens to me sometimes, too. Usually a problem with my wifi dropping packets, or something like that. And it happens to a lot of other chatters as well.

So don't let that stop you from coming into chat. No one is going to mind you popping in and out like that.

Tedium

Le sigh.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm connecting with WiFi from my broadband connection. I don't have connectivity issues with any other applications or software.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I have the same problem. An admin sent me something ages ago about how to fix it but it was so long and complicated that my ADHD brain didn't get past the first few words so I still have the problem.

Deleted member 42

I have the same problem. An admin sent me something ages ago about how to fix it but it was so long and complicated that my ADHD brain didn't get past the first few words so I still have the problem.

You're talking about staying logged in on AW; they're talking about staying logged in on IRC chat.

Your problem can be fixed by:

1. Log off AW
  2. Deleting cookies and clearing your cache.
  3. Log back in.
  4. Click the ticky box that says "Keep Me Logged In."

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
You should use any other internet browser

As you said, your wifi is working properly and you are not having troubles with other clients. I would suggest you to use any other internet browser. It will surely work.

Status
Not open for further replies.