Adnexis Blocking "BacK" Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Lately, and only when I am on AW, I've found that when I try to use my browser button to back out of a page, nothing happens, even after multiple clicks. When I hover over the button, it seems the browser is trying to send me back to http://lax1.ib.adnxs.com. Somehow, it looks like adnexis is getting between the pages I've viewed, and while it doesn't load itself when I click, it prevents any earlier page from loading. Is this something I can fix? Is this a site issue? Any help appreciated!
I'm using Windows 7 and IE 10.

Deleted member 42

I'll pass that on to Mac; that sounds like an ad gone wonky.

Thanks

Ketzel

Registered
Reaction score
No problem, Medi, and thanks!

Ketzel

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I did that before I posted.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I've found a few stubborn links like that. Try double-clicking on the back arrow once or twice, instead of single clicking. That seems to work for me. :)

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I have had this problem on occassions for the past year on the AW, but as Cathy says, double clicking seems to solve the problem.

Ketzel

Registered
Reaction score
Funnily enough, when I click "back"once and it doesn't work, and I hover over the button and get "doubleclick," then a double click works. But when I get "adnexis" I can click for an hour (not that I ever tried more than, oh, ten or twenty irritated times) and nada.

Steppe

Registered
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Only on AW. Back button useless double click or not. I've taken to just clicking out of my browser and then opening up AW again. Other sites work ok.

I'll try my keyboard.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Ugh, mousetrapping. You might also try right-clicking on the back button, which in some browsers will pop up a menu of your recent history, and then clicking on the link two pages back.

Deleted member 42

Are you all on I.E. and Windows?

If so, I can possibly come up with css to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steppe

Registered
Reaction score
I am using IE11 beta release but had the same problem with IE10. Windows 7 64bit.

I've had this problem on AW for about a year now. Sometimes the back button worked on IE10, most of the time not.

I have installed and reinstalled between IE10 and 11 to see if one was better. Lately nothing seems to work.

All other sites are ok.

Last edited:

Steppe

Registered
Reaction score
I have noticed that if I just open the AW site and do not browse it, I can click back out with the back button, but if I open Poetry (as an example) then the back button no longer works nor the keyboard back arrows. There must be a reason (possible an add or some such).

I hope there's something useful in this.

Steppe

Registered
Reaction score
Well I have finally got the back buttom to work (after a sort) . It now will go back if I hit the button twice very quickly. Don't ask me how this came about. I did several things including, system restore ( back two months), defragment, clean the disk, run ccleaner, and somemore things I've forgotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.