Promoting My Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

poodlesnoodles

Registered
Reaction score
hey guys!

i just finished a chapbook of poetry. when i was searching for listing sites (this is my first time promoting my book), I found an online journal called Literary Juice had recently launched a space for promoting books on their site.

you have to pay a monthly fee, but they do allow a 1 month free trial. i thought i'd share that. i mean, 1 month is still something, right?

their site is www.literaryjuice.com

does anyone have any other ideas for listings or how i can promote my book?

Deleted member 42

I wouldn't pay for anything including ads or reviews until you're making money.

Poetry is very hard to sell. I'd suggest blogging about poetry--about writing and reading it--would do more for your book.

Ask yourself: Have you ever bought a book by an unknown author because of an ad?

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
We discussed the topic of free and paid promo sites in a writer group I belong to about a month across. Consensus was, freebies okay to do, but little benefit, and paid sites do zip for ya, except take your money. The reader is just flooded with too many sources out there to search through for possible books of interest. If you can get a review site to do a review (free), yeah that helps, otherwise, IMO its a waste of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.