• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for MG novel on interplanetary robot craziness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Hi there everyone.

So, I'm at the stage where I'm looking for a beta for MY BEST FRIEND RUNS VENUS. I'm hoping to swap with someone who's beta-read before and is willing to be blunt.

My query is here:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...2&postcount=38

My first 5 pages are here:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=278844

The manuscript is around 38,000 words, and I can offer a pretty fast turnaround should you choose to swap. This ms has been beta-ed before and I'm pretty happy with it, but there's still that part of me that doesn't want to hit "Send" until it has a few more eyes on it.

Thanks in advance!

evee123zy

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to take a look at it. However, I can't seem to access the links without a password. If you would like to e-mail it to me, my e-mail is [email protected]. I don't think I'll be able to finish it before November, but once I receive it, I can give you a more concrete ETA.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Ah, the password is vista. Share Your Work is password-protected so Google doesn't go snooping around looking for stuff to put in its evil searchable clutches. ^_^

evee123zy

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Ah, the password is vista. Share Your Work is password-protected so Google doesn't go snooping around looking for stuff to put in its evil searchable clutches. ^_^

Thanks, taking a look at it now-- though to be honest, I have yet to read something and say "I will not give my opinion about this!" LOL Give me a few moments though, I'll check it out, and we can take it from there.

You'll have to hold my hand through the process if there is a more formal, commonplace way of going about this. I'm not exactly familiar with the meta (as I'm sure you've noticed,) but I'm not afraid to jump in and get my hands dirty =)

evee123zy

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
So I just read the first five pages and I wouldn't mind doing a beta for you at all. Like I said, I probably won't be able to start it until November, but once I do, it shouldn't take more than three weeks to finish.

I see that you would like the most attention given to the grey area, and I can definitely do that. Are there any specific issues you would like me to focus on, such as characterization or narrative? Should I point out anything I might see in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.