• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Short War Fantasy Beta or Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexCadillac

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexcadillac.tumblr.com
I have a short story (6,500ish words) about a war, mostly with fantasy and romance elements. I hope to have it published to a magazine but I don't really know what is considered "publish" quality.

I'm looking for someone to tell me their opinion of whether or not they'd buy the story. Maybe tell me if the style is too weird to sell, if my characters or intentions aren't clear enough, that sort of thing. Wouldn't mind being told if it has enough fantasy to qualify as fantasy; the term seems to be stretched a fair bit. I'm not really looking for grammar/spelling unless you want to.

I'd appreciate either someone just looking it over and telling me what they think, or I can swap short stories with someone (no more than 20,000 words, please, I'm a little busy). I'm not the best at editing grammar/spelling, but I'm pretty good at analyzing character, plot, style, etc, finding weak points and smoothing wrinkles. I like to think I'm pretty good at catching that one line you're not sure about.

Status
Not open for further replies.