How Typical are my Sales Numbers and my Publisher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Nelson

Aspiring to authorship since 1975
Registered
Reaction score
As this thread's OP has said he doesn't want to name them I can't share the publisher's name here: but don't worry, Sheryl, there's already a thread about this publisher in BR&BC which makes it quite clear what to expect from them.

I won't ask you to name the publisher. But have you confirmed for a definite fact that your initial guess was correct?

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Publishing with "any" publisher is NOT guaranteed to "at least" be better than self publishing

I think that depends on the publisher (and on the writer too, of course).

If, for instance, I was offered a half-million-dollar advance for a book, I'd say that was guaranteed to at least be better than self-publishing the book. For me, anyway, because I'd prefer having a half-million in the bank and a team of people working on the book, rather than going it alone, even if there was a chance I could eventually make more than half a million that way.

imjustj

Registered
Reaction score
OP- I can understand your reluctance to "out" them, but I wish you would reconsider.

I feel like you have been very fair in your descriptions of what has (or has not) happened. Your posts are not accusatory and your tone has been much kinder than what I might have been able to muster in the same circumstance.

If you post a "Bewares" thread, you may find others in your same situation. Or, a whole host of their authors may come to their defense. You can't really know if it is a lack of effort on their part unless you know how other authors/books are doing.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck in upping those sales numbers.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
There's no need for the OP to name the publisher concerned here, nor is there a need for him to start a "bewares" thread as a thread about his publisher already exists in our BR&BC room, and in my view it makes clear some of the problems with this publisher.

As the OP has implied that he won't be returning here, and other people are now commenting without apparently having read what's gone before, I see no reason to continue this discussion.

Locking this.

Feel free to PM me if you see a burning need for the thread to be reopened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.