• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Attention! Looking for fantasy/paranormal beta readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darben'ssword

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for readers for my fantasy/paranormal novel, best described as a cross between "Interview with the Vampire" and "Game of Thrones". l Its titled "Heirs to the Apocalypse". It is the story of three young people; a prince, a princess and a young girl with mystical powers. As war between mortals and vampires infect the land, a prince with an unsightly birth-defect, is placed in the loving care of a servant whose tender-hearted love places him on the path to his true destiny. A princesses who is the daughter of a great warrior/ queen, finds herself struggling to uphold the legacy of her mother. Now a young Queen over a kingdom with an army of superior warriors bent on destroying the vampires of the Dark nation, internal struggles places the very kingdom in jeopardy and leaves her uncertain about her fate and the fate of her kingdom. A sixteen year old girl with the power of 'the knowing', is employed by a charlatan who uses her gifts to make himself wealthy. But a visit by a mysterious vampire leads her to the hidden knowledge about a climatic war between mortals and immortals. Now, only she understands the true power behind the events that are to take place and the destinies of a former prince and young queen. Understanding that one, will unknowingly release a very dark power that will lead to, the apocalypse. I am seeking feedback about the story's pace, characters, storyline and overall flow of the story. If there are errors in spelling( the novel has been professionally edited) please feel free to bring this to my attention. I am planning a January 2014 release. If you are interested, please message me an email account. The novel will be sent out as a PDF file on Halloween.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi Darben'ssword, welcome to Absolute Write!

Please take a moment to read the Newbie's Guide. It's fairly short. :)

I'm moving this post to our Beta Readers, Mentors, and Writing Buddies forum, as it's more suited to that location. This forum is more for discussing the genre of Urban Fantasy.

Most beta readers and crit partners do expect some reciprocation for their time an energy, so perhaps you can offer to read their works, too? I've found that critiquing has greatly helped my own writing.

Please stick around, join the discussions, and meet the people here. Folks are a lot more receptive to helping if you become part of the community.

-Ann, one of the SF/F mods.
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I am seeking feedback about the story's pace, characters, storyline and overall flow of the story. If there are errors in spelling( the novel has been professionally edited) please feel free to bring this to my attention.

If the book has been "professionally edited" then it's a bit too late for beta readers; and there shouldn't be any spelling errors, and any problems with "the story's pace, characters, storyline and overall flow of the story" should have already been addressed.

As you are looking for beta readers now, though, bear in mind that if they find any problems with the things you specify, you're going to have to check the spelling, grammar and punctuation once you've dealt with those problems as errors always creep in during such corrections. Which might mean that you'll need a professional editor once more.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
I see this is your first post. Most of the folks here like to beta for people who've spent a little time contributing to various threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.