Status
Not open for further replies.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
I've been a member here since 2010 and I love it. For the past few days, when I come on here, I've gotten a warning from my antivirus program (Avast) about blocking a Trojan. I have a hard time believing that you guys have one, but I thought I'd mention it. Maybe something triggers it that's not a virus?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
By the way—in general in such instances, a screen cap of the alert from an antimalware app or the popup or the URL is always really really helpful.

Not as "proof," but because there are databases of the popup images I can search which often indicate sources etc. and a URL or link maybe related to a link or an image in a post that an unknowing member used that in fact goes to a malware site.

That last is fairly common, but tracking down the post/link can be difficult.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... here's Norton's report:

Norton Rating

Safeweb Share
Norton Safe Web has analyzed absolutewrite.com for safety and security problems.
Summary

Norton Safe Web found no issues with this site.
Computer Threats: 0
Identity Threats: 0
Annoyance factors: 0
Total threats on this site: 0

Deleted member 42

I use five different scanning services to scan AW, in addition to using a server OS that has very few opportunities for malware hosting or delivery.

We're not running IIs for a reason.

Deleted member 42

No problem. I had a feeling you guys were clean. :D

But I'd still like to track it to its source.

There are a number of private mailing lists for ISPs and Sys Admins where we share data about this stuff, and I still share with former colleagues (stripping personal information about users, of course) because a cleaner 'net is better for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.