Best Day To Publish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOTLOF

Registered
Reaction score
Just want to ask those of you who have self published multiple books. What is the best day of the week to put a new title out?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
The day that you're ready.

Really, if you think a specific day of the week will make a significant difference to your book's success you're overthinking this.

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen a few discussions on this but can't remember what was said. I think different people have different experiences. I tend to sell more books on a Sunday. Other people have mentioned Tuesday. Friday is probably the least favourite day.

Either way it's not going to make a huge difference but I understand the thought process behind it.

Katallina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathyanncoleman.blogspot.com
Depends on whether you're trying to fit with how things tend to be done by larger groups, or whether you're going against the grain. For many industries, Tuesday is the day of the week when everything 'new' releases. This is likely because that way physical stuff has a chance to get to stores, be set up, etc.

On the other hand, since most of us are dealing with digital sales and / or POD books we don't have to worry about that. I'm not sure whether it would be better to swim in the stream with everyone else, or whether releasing on a different day might provide an advantage. I have seen a few products, in different areas of entertainment, release on unique dates. (I think "Beatles Rock Band" did that a few years back; I seem to recall having to go out an odd day to get it.)

One thing I *will* say is this: Check what else is releasing the day you pick!! I just found out that a book with some similarities to what I've written is releasing the day I chose. *head, meet desk* (Enough that I don't know if I wanna release the same day; not enough that anyone would think my book is a clone, thank God.)

I think this is something that might matter tremendously to some people, and that may matter very little to others. In the end, the real thing of importance is ensuring you have a quality book with an eye catching cover and a blurb that will both grab readers' attention and be true to what's actually between the covers.

Good luck! :)

LOTLOF

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Even if it is not vital I am trying to do everything I can to help my second book do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.