• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] DHS Literary (David Hale Smith)

spywriter

Registered
Reaction score
I followed directions and tried to look him up first on the index, but unless I'm blind, he's not there. Anyone have any info on Daviid Hale Smith of DHS Literary in Dallas?? I read P & E and that seems ok...but has anyone delt with him or know anything I should know?

THANKS FELLOW WRITERS!

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
He's on Jenna's list, but there doesn't seem much point in querying him, as his website says, "As of June 1 2003, we are no longer accepting unsolicited queries or submissions. We accept new material by referral only."

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.dhsliterary.com/home.htm

Heh. Definitely a major player. Anyone know anyone who knows his intern's cousin's hairdresser?

(And now DHS'll be Indexed between Desert Rose and Diana Finch. Poor guy. ;) )

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
DHS Good or Bad?

I followed directions and tried to look him up first on the index, but unless I'm blind, he's not there. Anyone have any info on Daviid Hale Smith of DHS Literary in Dallas?? I read P & E and that seems ok...but has anyone delt with him or know anything I should know?

THANKS FELLOW WRITERS!

I am doing some research and again want the low down. What does anyone know now about DHS anything?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Well at least the dude has interesting initials right?

Melanie Lane

Registered
Reaction score
He has the same initals as my high school.

**cheers**

D-D-D-HS!

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the info. This is very helpful and this site can't be beat its a fantastic format to share information and this is the best for all of us as nobody needs any problems there are enough in our lives already!

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I queried him without a referal and he requested a partial. I signed with another agent before he got back to me.

eurodan49

Banned
Reaction score
Queried him about ten years ago, with my first novel. He read it, declined representation but made some powerful suggestions and left the door open for a resubmission. Since, I’ve been overseas, wrote two more action/thrillers and just decided to query him. I did remind him of that first one… he replied the very next day with a request for 100 pages. We’ll see what comes out of it.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Queried 3/26/09
Partial requested 3/27/09

And then I fell into a hole . . .

I nudged a year later (4/5/10) and they'd decided to go in a different direction